18 | You're a Dick to Me

"Hey what's up?" I got a phone call from Jessie, one of my work mates.

"I need a huge favour.."

"Depends what it is..."

"I'm supposed to be going to this party with Lily tonight but she bailed on me.. I was wondering if you wanted to go with me instead?"

"Sure, I'm up for a party."

"Thank you! God I did not want to go alone. It's being hosted by this like super rich guy so the place is going to look super nice."

"Then I'll dress to impress," I chuckled.

"Ok I'll see you in a bit. Thanks again, I owe you."

"No you don't it's completely fine." We said our goodbyes and I walked to my bedroom to get ready. After that day out with Willow I had shovelled all thoughts of him away— well, the best I could at least. I had realised he was beginning to distract me from my day to day life ever since Willow mentioned her little theory about me actually having feelings for Mason.

I don't.

I know I don't.

But the thought was still lingering in my head no matter how much I denied it. That's partially the reason why I agreed to go to this party tonight. I needed to get my mind of it again and the best way to do it was through loud music and dancing with random strangers.

And alcohol of course...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The place was way bigger than I expected. I wouldn't even classify it as a house, more like a personalised-nightclub-that-sorta-is-a-house-too. The entrance was really open, filled with bodies grinding on each other, intentionally or not we don't know. There were coloured lights on the ceiling illuminating the dark room as well as the giant DJ stand on the far right side blasting pounding EDM. I wasn't even sure how they would've put the lights on the ceiling because of how tall it was. Maybe a really tall ladder?

But what struck me the most was the massive bar on the left side of the room. The bar looked like it belonged in an actual nightclub. There were proper people tending the bar instead of having to make your own drinks, around 50 of bottles displayed in the background and proper barstools to sit on.

"I'll be over there," I informed Jessie. She only nodded, seeming to be too distracted by a guy she's locked eyes with to care.

I was surprised to see nobody sat on any bar stools. They were all just stood waiting around for their drinks probably too eager to get back onto the dance floor. I shrugged, not bothered by it and took a seat. I knew I was going to be dead by the end of the night when I caught myself staring at all of the different bottles displayed on the shelves behind the bar. They all looked delicious and I was eager to try them all, perhaps I could climb over the counter to steal a few. I chuckled at the thought, taking a sip out of my glass.

I wasn't in the mood to dance or socialise. I really only felt like sitting down with a glass in my hand for the entire night. I haven't felt remotely relaxed in the past week because of all my thoughts and mixed feelings and I felt that now was the perfect opportunity to do so.

I honestly didn't know how I'd feel the next time I'd see Mason again. I can imagine I'd feel hatred, it seemed to be a reoccurring emotion whenever I'm around him, but I can't help but think it would feel a little different between us. After all these thoughts Willow has forced into my head I was sure it changed the way I perceived him.

It honestly scared me.

I'm not one for change. I have a hard time adapting to it, even if it's changing the position of my couch I usually just put it back to its original spot. And my stubbornness doesn't help with it. So I couldn't even imagine how I'd react if something was different between Mason and me.