XLV - Muffin Run

(A/N WE HIT 1K VOTES HOW IS THAT EVEN REAL THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH)

***

Jere drives us to go get the good muffins.

His hand is resting on my knee and the other's on the wheel.

I can feel the light blush on my cheeks.

I'm lightly scratching his arm up and down as a signal that I like him having his hand there.

Along the drive "Gorgeous" by Taylor Swift is playing.

On top of everything that makes Jeremiah Fisher amazing, he lets me have aux.

At a red light we look over at each other and dramatically start lip syncing.

"You're so gorgeous it actually hurts-" Our lips read.

Jere closes his lips, I get to do the next part because it wouldn't apply to him singing it, "Ocean blue eyes, looking in mine. I feel like I might sink and drown and diiiieeeee."

We both start moving our lips again, "You're so gorgeous. I can't say anything to your face. 'Cause look at your face! And I'm so furious at you for making me feel this way. But what can I say?"

We take the opportunity to sing the last bit aloud, "YOU"RE GOREGOUS!"

We both break into laughter and the light turns green.

***

"We'll get a dozen?" He looks down at me to check.

"Yeah, a dozen." I confirm with the worker. We have six people in that house. And too many like to steal more than one muffin.

"Alrighty, which ones?" The worker asks.

I whisper orders to myself so that I won't forget, "Connie likes chocolate. Belly likes blueberry, so does Susannah. Mom and I like poppyseed."

"Definitely feeling chocolate today." He nods to me.

"We'll do-" I stop as Jere whispers in my ear. He holds his phone up and says, "I gotta take this. It's work. I'll be right outside, princess." And hands me his debit card.

He notices me blush at the nickname, "O- okay, s- sure." I stutter out. That name has a choke hold on me.

"Sorry," I look back up at the worker. "Um, four chocolate, five blueberry, and three poppyseed, please."

I decided on one blueberry for my second one. I'll definitely enjoy it tomorrow.

The worker steps back and puts the muffins into a cute box.

"Okay, that'll be $25 even."

I hand him Jere's card.

"Have a nice day." He says handing over the box, card, and receipt.

I start walking out towards the car but remember, "Oh shit, Steven!" I cackle and run back to the counter.

"So sorry, can I get two more chocolate muffins?" I laugh lightly.

"Sure thing." He gets two more in a smaller box. "$5."

I hand him the card again and leave with everyone's muffins.