12 | drugged

CHAPTER TWELVE
drugged

CHAPTER TWELVEdrugged

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*・✧

Rounding back to the main hallway, Azalea found it was completely cleared out, the commotion distracting nearly everyone in the bunker.

She had no clue how she was going to find Steve or Robin, but she was heading back towards the holding room she was in, assuming they would be in one nearby.

She ducked out of the way as a red cart came speeding by. But as it passed, she heard two voice arguing.

"We need to get the hell out of here. The US Military can come back for her!" Erica Sinclair shouted, "Drive faster. I'm not dying down here."

Dustin pouted from the driver's seat, "What happened to no man left behind? Azalea—"

"Is right behind you," Azalea called, running to behind the cart, "Wait up!"

Dustin slowed the cart, whipping his head around, "Azzie! Oh God, I thought they killed you."

Azalea ran to catch up to them. She curiously eyed Robin and Steve both giggling to themselves in the back while the younger two were in the front, "Hey Dust, let me drive!"

"Hello?!" Erica snapped her fingers, pointing, "Is everyone forgetting Commies are on our ass? You, in the back, you, keep driving."

Rolling her eyes, Azalea clambered into the back of the cart with Steve and Robin.

As Dustin slammed on the gas again, a gasp of relief filled her lungs. Without hesitation, she pulled both Steve and Robin into a hug, "I'm so glad you two aren't dead,"

As they pulled apart, Steve, with a significantly beat-up face, booped her nose, "Azalea! My best friend named after a flower!"

"No, an Azalea is a shrub," Robin scrunched her face up, her gaze trained on something none of them could see.

"Umm, no," Steve argued, "It's a flower."

"Shrub!"

Dustin making a sharp turn while pressing harder on the gas caused the three to all tumble in the back, hitting their backs against the metal.

"Jesus, slow down!" Steve yelped.

"Yeah, what is this," Robin groaned, "like, the Indy 500?"

"It's the Indy 300." Steve corrected.

Robin smacked his arm, "No, dingus, it's 500!"

"It's 300!"

"Let's say... a million."

They burst into a fit of giggles and Azalea was left glancing between them incredulously.

She peeked through the holes in the metal separation to the younger kids, "Hey, what the hell is wrong with them?"