《11》Familiar Face

cover art by  h0pe.lez 

.

.

.

.

.

(THIS CHAPTER WILL TAKE PLACE BEFORE JJK ANIME)

"...eh?"

Gojo stood there in disbelief, Haru's words continuing to echo back and forth in his mind like a ticking clock. His brain racked through his memories, clearly remembering her parents' synopsis when he looked into her.

"Huh...didn't your parents die in a car crash...?" Gojo recalls that very information. In the year 2012, right at the start of Summer...her parents experienced a gruesome car crash near their town. It was a hit-and-run, but the driver was prosecuted before he could fully escape. 

"That's what they made everyone think..." Haru says, her gaze becoming enraged by the minute. She tried to hold herself back, but her expression clearly showed the opposite. 

"What are you trying to say?" Gojo's lips are firm, unsure what Haru was saying. He could tell she was getting upset.

"I was away from home when I got the call," Haru clearly remembered that scene as if it were yesterday. The corpses of her dead parents...burned and brutally unrecognizable. A hit & run they said. Or so it was told.

But Haru knew otherwise. 

"I could see it....an unrecognizable Cursed Energy throughout their wounds..."

Her eyes widened from anger. When she arrived at the scene, she couldn't take her eyes away from the Cursed Energy that she could not recognize. It was neither from her parents nor from another user. It was no mere accident.

Her rage has become evident.  The sunset shone through the tatami windows, reflecting onto Haru's gaze and giving off an ominous feeling. Gojo grabs ahold of Haru's shoulders, trying to pull her off from her angry trance. He stared straight at her, his lips firm as he spoke in a whisper.

"Are you saying....that your parents were killed by a Jujutsu Sorcerer..." He knew the answer without even her telling him. Her eyes said it all. This woman before him was seeking revenge. Revenge against those that killed her parents.

"That's why I want you to help me..." Haru says, never faltering, "Unravel the truth and seek revenge for my parents' death!" 

He twitched at her proclamation, a cold shiver passing down his spine as he looked upon her hateful gaze. Haru then frowns, looking at Gojo with sheer doubt.

"Your family...wouldn't happen to be involved in this case would they..." She examines, her gaze narrow at the sorcerer before her. She tries to read his body movements. As much as she did not want to suspect Gojo Satoru, after all, he has been of great help these past weeks. Whether it was for Megumi, oathing to protect her identity and train her...Haru was genuinely grateful for the help. 

Yet...there could be a slight chance that all of this could be a trap. One could never know for sure. 

Gojo hums, pulling back as he tilts his head in thought, "Hm. There's nothing that goes undetected under my watch,"

But there was always room for doubt. His foot taps slightly under him, "Then again...there could be a slight chance that they could have dared to do something behind my back,"

Haru nods, appreciating his words, "Yes...it won't hurt to look,"

Of course, after all the Gojo have always hated the Andō. That is why Haru could never be too sure of anything.