Engagement

(A/N: Gary is 5 years old now.)

Gary (Ren Dover) POV:

Knock! Knock!

I entered the office before saying, "Father, you called for me?"

My father, Archduke Richard Whiteborn, was sitting at the head of the office with piles of paperwork next to him. Seeing him work made me remember the time I was managing the mercenary group I founded back on Earth.

I shook my head to get rid of the useless nostalgic memories when father said, "There is an engagement offer for you."

I furrowed my brows, 'Most of the offers would have been rejected by father due to the different in social standing. Then, is this offer from the princess?' 

He threw me the letter that I caught easily and read. First thing I saw was the royal insignia, confirming my suspicion of this being an engagement offer with the princess.

"We are going to visit the royal family tomorrow morning, you can decide if you want to engage then," my father told me as I read the letter.

"You are going to tell me decide?" I asked incredulously.

"Yes," he replied before continuing,  "Other than that, the king also asked you to participate in the Three Races Competition that will occur in three years time. I hope you can at least be close to AA-rank by that time."

"Of course, father. If there is nothing else, I'll go on my way," I asked with a bow.

He nodded his head and I left the room.

'Huh, 8 year old at AA-rank, how ridiculous. Most 8 year olds haven't even awakened. Also, father never pushed for me to get stronger, so why the change? Is this cause of that Lancelot kid?' I thought as I made my way to the library.

I was studying mana theory trying to find a way to use my skills and a way to completely recreate the Keiki style in this world.

_____________________________________

Gary (Ren Dover) POV:

Today was the day we were going to meet the royals in Etistin. Actually, we were going to meet them tomorrow but we needed to reach the city today. Redrite city where the Whiteborn mansion is located is quite far from that place, but the existence of teleportation gates greatly shortened the journey.

Teleportation gates were kind of shocking because the rest of the world was far behind technologically. My old world did have them as well though, and luckily these ones weren't as nauseating,. 

We first went to the mansion we had in the city to change and rest. The butlers and maids all bowed and welcomed us.

I was led to my room by the housekeeper. My bedroom was as big and lavish as my room in Redrite city. The rest of the day went normally, with us having dinner and me training with the knights and researching about mana.

Next morning, my mother told me to change my clothes. She was wearing a serene light blue dress with platinum lining and highlighted her silver hair. 

I wore a black jacket over a white shirt, as well as a dark blue tie. After getting ready, we all got in the carriage and went on the way to the mansion.

The royal palace was in the centre of Etistin. We arrived there and were greeted by the royals. Turns out my mother was a very close friend of the queen from back in the days in Xyrus Academy.

The king, Blaine Glayder, wasn't anything special. He was charismatic but wasn't domineering like my father nor was he a powerful mage. Age seems to have started to affect him as his face was getting wrinkles already.