23

Colby's POV

I could tell something was bothering Julia. I couldn't necessarily blame her because of the information I told her.

She's been so tough through all of this which made things easier.

Sure, she had a mouth on her and she wasn't the easiest person to get to do things. She was trying though and that's all that mattered.

I waited ten minutes before I went to go get her from the bathroom.

I was worried someone snatched her, even though I thought we were in the clear until the banquet.

Tony was a fucking moron though. He would take her a couple days before meeting her. I would kill him for that though and he knew it.

"Jules?" I asked and knocked on the door. "Go away." She grumbled causing me to laugh.

"Sorry, that's not how that works." I said then nudged the door open. "Wanna tell me why you're crying?" I asked as she groaned.

"I'm not crying you dumbass! I'm throwing up." She said as I scrunched my brow.

"Are you sick?" I asked and walked into the bathroom.

"Get out of here! Are you kidding me, Colby?!" Julia yelled from one of the stalls.

"Do we need to go home?" I asked blandly. "No, just give me a goddamn minute." She snapped as I rolled my eyes.

"I gave you ten. Now tell me what's going on." I said as she sniffled. I couldn't tell if she was crying or not but that's sure as hell what it sounded like.

After a minute of silence I got the hint. "I'll be at the table. Come back when you're ready." I said then walked out.

I went to the table but watched the bathroom door. I didn't want her to leave without me noticing.

Of course I had guys outside the restaurant keeping watch in case Tony or one of his assholes tried to come in here.

"Did your date stand you up?" The waitress asked as she set our food down. "No. She's in the bathroom." I said and kept my eyes locked on the bathroom door.

"Well if she doesn't work out, call me. K?" She asked and slid me a piece of paper. "Sure." I said as Julia walked out of the bathroom.

I had to admit that black dress she was wearing looked really good on her.

She seemed to be pretty uncomfortable with wearing things like that, but my eyes couldn't help but roam her curves.

"Feeling better?" I asked as she sat across from me. "No." She said and grabbed her fork, taking a bite of the chicken in front of her.

I could tell she had been crying because her eyes were puffy and red. I didn't really know what happened but I couldn't blame her.

It wasn't an easy thing to grasp if you've never dealt with it.

"You like it?" I asked a took a bit of my food. "Yeah. It's good." She mumbled, keeping her eyes down.

"Did something happen? Why are you acting like this?" I asked with annoyance. I know she was going through a lot but I thought I was being fairly nice about it.

"Nothing happened! Just..just give a minute." He said and looked up at me.

I saw so much hurt in her eyes that I wanted to apologize. I wanted to say I was sorry and that I would bring her home and that she could be free.

I knew I couldn't do that though.

Mistakes have been made and we needed to suffer the consequences now. Tony was obviously interested in her for some reason.