Chpt 25: The Snowball

-Authors note: this chpt will be written in third person because Joy is... Asleep-

Once the ambulance finally arrived, they loaded Joy inside. Steve tried to fight to go in the ambulance with her, but the paramedics wouldn't let him. Steve and the kids followed behind in Jakes car.

They told Hopper what happened through the walkie talkie so him and El were on the way too. When they arrived, Steve ran out of the car as they put Joy in the stretcher. "She's lost a lot of blood" one of the paramedics said.

"What does that mean? Will she be okay?" Steve questioned. "Sir, we need you to back up whilst we bring her into surgery" one of them said. "No, bullshit! I'm staying" he shouted. They argued back and forth as they ran through the hospital hall.

They told Steve he had to wait in the waiting room like everyone else even though he protested. He gave in after a long screaming match with the doctors.

Everyone sat down impatiently waiting for any updates. "What the hell happened? Where is she?" Hopper exclaimed as he barged into the waiting room.

"Are you a parent?" one of the doctors asked. "Yeah i'm her dad" he said. "Okay. Little girl, i need you to wait over there with your friends, okay?" the doctor said to El. "I'm her sister" she mumbled. The doctor sighed as he pulled them out of the room.

"She's lost a lot of blood and she's in surgery now" the doctor said. "What does that mean?! Will she be okay or not?!" Hopper shouted. "We don't know yet, sir. All we can do it wait now" he said.

Hopper groaned as he walked back into the waiting room. "What did they say?" Mike asked. Hopper sat down and put his head in his hands. "Surgery. She's in surgery" El said. "What do we do?" Steve asked. "We wait."

It was a couple of hours before the doctor walked in. Everyone stood up waiting for him to say something. "The surgery went well. But i'm afraid she's lost a lot of blood. We had to put her in an induced coma. It's out of our hands now" he said.

"Can i see her?" Hopper asked. "Yes. But only family." Steve scoffed as he walked back to his seat. Hopper and El made their way into the hospital room as they saw Joy lying in the bed.

She had tubes in her nose and a needle in her arm. "Jesus" Hopper mumbled. He sat in the chair next to the bed and held her hand. Eleven sat at the bottom of her bed just staring at her.

A couple of days had past, and Hopper and El were in and out of the hospital. Joy was stable, but they still wouldn't know when or if she would wake up.

Joyce and Hopper walked into the hospital. Joyce was worried about Joy once Hopper had told her what had happened. They began talking to the doctor.

As they were speaking, Hopper eyes drifted from the doctor to the waiting room. He saw Steve asleep on the chair with flowers in his hands. "Has he been here all day?" he asked. The doctor looked over.

"He's been here all week."

Hopper let out a small sigh. He walked over and gave him a light tap. Steve jolted up. "You can go home kid. I'm here now. I'll give you updates if anything changes" he said. "No it's fine. I have no where else to be so" Steve said.

"Why don't you go into the room?" he asked. "I asked but they keep saying it's only family allowed in" he said. Hopper nodded his head as he looked around the room.

"Well, i'm talking to the doctor to see if there's any updates... I'm pretty sure that the rest of the doctors are on break. So hypothetically, if anyone was to go into Joys room, none of the doctors would know" Hopper said as he put a cigarette in between his teeth.