𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐘𝐎𝐔 → 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐂

💚

Ugh, how could this day get any worse!?

(Y/n) stormed the streets of her home city - the collection of monumental buildings that would usually gaze down through glass glinted in the beaming sun with a welcoming glow.

But today, a ghostly mist consumed the sky, painting it a dull grey rather than its signature dazzling blue. It casted a shadow of depression over the city that would normally be alive in the daily hustle of joyous residents. But not today.

Clouds gathered above the towering buildings with an even darker shade, smirking evilly with tonnes of rainfall ready to shoot down to the streets again with a malicious scheme to drown more innocent citizens.

(Y/n) swiveled her feet to neatly avoid the puddles and ripples of aged rain from the early hours of the morning just as miserable as the late afternoon now. It felt like the paths had been washed by the seas, the cracks in the paving soaking up the water like sand would a wave.

She shivered from the chill alive in the wind swirling specks of rain the blanket of blackened clouds couldn't keep quiet, the cold she didn't expect to thrive in the gloomy air today snaking down her spine. The shake forced her to inhale a small breath, but even that tightened her throat like the darkened sky was clogged up with frozen smoke.

Her thin raincoat so attenuate any harder rainfall would tear it apart kept her body as insulated as possible, but the potential of the overlay to her uniform failed from its slim texture to keep the cold away from her.

She could feel the rain soaking into her clothes, shivering in her own intentions with hope to shake the dew away. She was well aware she wasn't a strand of crisp grass perfect for the drops to cling to, and she believed the sky should see her the same way.

It felt like hundreds of pins stabbed her all over from the cold bleeding right through to her skin. It was as if she had the uncomfortable sensation of having been in a motionless position for too long, the freeze from the breeze dotted in translucent droplets leaking through the greasy material deeper by the second.

(Y/n) groaned with another reluctant shiver, holding back a sneeze as if she were allergic to the muggy atmosphere with her arms folded across her chest housing her sunken heart to obtain more warmth. Her eyes ablaze in (e/c) stared to her feet with disheartenment in every step, sadly reminiscing about her day that held the same downcast aura as the sombre sky.

She watched the tears of the clouds wrinkle the existing puddles to the curbs of the road while dampening untouched areas to form more, a blurred reflection of herself visible in the grey and groggy pools mirroring her experience back to her.

Right now, she picked up the pace in an attempt to catch the train to escort her to the other end of the city to reach the less familiar corner she called home. This morning, she'd missed the train to reach college on time and was desparate for such a mistake to never happen again.

After being late, her head became frazzled with stress from her part time job, the uniform below her coat drenched through the thin material to reflect how soaked (Y/n) felt from disappointment. With a craving to make it home before the heavens opened again, she practically ran the route to the train station.

Like a snake slipping in the grassland, she swerved around the crowds praying for the clouds blackened in absorption to conceal the heavy rainfall obviously held inside. The station laced with metallic tracks and gravelled stone peeked into view, like a luminance of hope finally breaking into (Y/n)'s melancholy day as she steadily slowed down with a puff of relief.

With a hand to her chest, her feet sluggishly sloshed across the soaked pavement leading to the station seeming coated in an icy drink, flicking a glance glazed in reassured (e/c) to her watch strapped to her wrist gleaming in a perfectly early timing.