Vol 4 Ch 3: Same Path But Different Choices

Hirano pov:-

We all had come out of the movie theater. It was an interesting movie. I have always loved to watch movies in 3D.

Anyway, "coincidentally" we had reservations for lunch at the same place. In order to have our pre-reserved lunch, the six of us start moving.

Me and Aika walked slowly behind Ayanokouji and Satou. Since we didn't want to interrupt their date.

"Hey, Ayanokouji-kun......do you mind if I ask you something slightly thoughtless?".

"If there's something you'd like to ask, please ask away".

"Ahh, I want to ask to~o".
Even though she herself said that we all should have separate conversations,
once again Karuizawa barged in.

"This looks like a good opportunity, why don't we ask each other questions
we've been thinking about asking?".

I felt this was not such a bad proposal. And Aika was waiting for all sorts of gossip.

"Agreed~ Then I'll go first".

Upon expressing her agreement, Karuizawa immediately turned her gaze towards Ayanokouji.

"Did Ayanokouji-kun ever go out with someone before?".

"I don't have one right now."

(Right now? Shouldn't have worded it like that dude.)

"Alright. Your age equals the number of years without a girlfriend, I got it"

I know that she is saying that to Ayanokouji. But somehow I feel offended too.

"You know, Ayanokouji-kun. That's an excuse unpopular men use, I think
it'll serve you well to remember that? 'Right now', including that makes it
suspicious".

"Really? Even if I had a girlfriend in the past, if I don't have one right now, I
think I'd include the 'right now' though".

"Then you had one in the past?".

"No......I didn't".

"See? As I thought!".

Karuizawa happily frolics about. More or less, Satou also seems happy.

"Don't worry Ayanokouji. You aren't alone. This guy never had a girlfriend either. That's why despite being popular he is still a loner."

"Hey! That's uncalled for!"

"Am I wrong?" She smirked at me mischievously.

"I don't think not having a girlfriend is something you should mind, though. Like, if you're blatantly unpopular like Yamauchi-kun or Onizuka- kun then in that case, that's a minus for you but searching for someone you want to go out with, or more like you're just not in a rush. That's it right, Ayanokouji-kun?".

"Satou-san understands Ayanokouji-kun pretty well".

"It'd be great......if I could understand him. But, I still don't know anything
about him. Let me ask you too, ok? So, Ayanokouji-kun. Between a girl with
long hair and a girl with short hair, which do you prefer?".

Just stay quite Hirano. As long as you don't speak. They won't involve you in their little "Interrogation".

"I've never really minded it........as long as it fits that person, whether it be
long hair or short hair, it doesn't matter right?".

"Somehow that sounds like a model response---".

"I feel the same way. Whether it be boy or girl, as long as it suits that person, things like hairstyle aren't a problem".