Vol 4 Epilogue: It was Him!

Hirano pov:-

The entire classroom was silent after what I said. No one spoke anything. However, I could tell that the class A students were glaring at me. But that didn't matter.

"See you agree-"

"To an extent, yes." I cut Sakayanagi off.

I looked over at Ichinose and spoke.
"Although she did commit a crime, she paid for at as well. When a person commits a crime, a mere apology is never enough. As long as they pay for it and repent on what they did. They can be forgiven."

Looking back at Sakayanagi, I spoke again. "Yes. She did commit a crime. However, she has paid far more than she should have. There is no point in punishing someone who has already learnt their lesson."

After that I threw a question at Ichinose.
"Ichinose Honami. Do you truly regret what you did and promise to not do it again?"

"I... Yes!" She said with a firm tone.

"Then that's that. I believe she should be given another chance. Although our suspicion won't go away quickly. I believe we should give her a chance earn her trust back. As such, we should drop this topic. Continuing any further would be nothing short of harassment."

"Oh~ Big words, Vice-President. Do you honestly believe that she can be trusted after lying to everyone. What If she pretends to be a good girl right now and then backstabs her classmates when the time comes and no one can stop her. For example, just before graduation?"

"What happens in the future are upto her and her classmates. Not you, me or anyone else."

"Hmmm? How odd. I thought the whole point of the S-system was so classes would compete with eachother. Doesn't that align our fate with theirs?"

"Perhaps. However, I find it ironic how someone like you is harassing Ichinose and calling her a criminal."

"Fufufu. And what does that mean?"

"Have you forgotten? You had one of your classmates, shoplift a bottle of Whiskey and told Kitō-kun to hide it in my room. All to frame and get me expelled."

With those words, I dropped a bomb. Everyone was shocked at what I said.

"Hm? Apologies but what are you talking about." She pretend to play innocent.

"It was fortunate that I noticed and disposed of that bottle before any security guards showed up at my door. Or else I wouldn't be here today."

"I am afraid you lack evidence to prove my involvement. Without evidence, this is nothing more than a false accusation."

"I may not have any evidence. In that case, what I am doing is the same as what you have been doing Ichinose. Is it not?"

"Oh? Unlike me, Ichinose actually committed a crime. Did she not?"

"No She did. But how did you find out then? We aren't allowed outside contact. And you didn't know Ichinose before she came to this school. Not to mention that she just shoplifted, while even false rumors like "Ichinose did drugs" were being heard by everyone. So as far as I am concerned, weren’t you the one accusing her without any evidence?"

"So that's what you mean? If we are talking rumors. Then I heard a good one. It's about you sending more than 15 people to the hospital."

I expression stiffened for a moment and then went back at glaring at her.

"People shouldn't believe everything they hear. Specifically when they come from a mouth of someone like you."

Seeing my dilemma, a smile showed on her face.