Twenty-Four

Blaise Beck-DayPast

Blaise Beck-Day
Past

A smack across the back of my head made my ears ring.

"Blake!" Mom yelled his name as he sat down across from me. He leaned back into the dining room chair. Mom stood at the edge of the table, her arms crossed. She was stressfully running her fingers through her hair until the moment I walked through the front door.

"What's this all about?" I asked, trying not to rub the back of my head.

Dad couldn't keep a straight face before he burst into laughter, shaking his head. "A makeout in her parent's driveway? You didn't even have the decency to drive down the road–" He cut himself off from talking, his laughing taking such a toll on him that he had to wipe his eyes.

"You little menace we did not raise you to have a makeout–"

"She was in his lap!" My mom yelled. My face flushed red, I tilted my head downwards as I slumped deep into the cushion-covered chair. "She was in my lap for five minutes or less, it's really, not that that big of a deal."

"Are you embarrassed? You should be. You made a rookie mistake tonight– you should have gone to an open parking lot or the damn parking garage next to the field house!" I groaned, leaning down and banging my head against the wooden table.

Mom broke into laughter next. "Oh no– we had to sit through the phone call from Matti so now you're going to listen to us."

Jesus, I just wanted to kiss the girl.

"Guys– it's not going to happen again. I'm sorry," It was going to happen again. Just not in her driveway. I mean, I planned on it happening— a lot– so I guess I just needed to plan it out better.

"Blaise..." Dad started to speak but then he turned to stare at mom who shrugged her shoulders. Dad just threw his hands up in the air, "You are the one who wanted to have the "talk" babe! So talk!" He playfully yelled at her.

Oh dear god.

"Are you being safe?"

A gag left my mouth before I slid the chair out from underneath the table. Standing up I held my hands up to both of them. "Blaise, do you need condoms?" Dad asked.