45

"You boys. What are you two doing out here? I got a call about suspicious activity." 

"Kurogiri. He's injured." Hawks weakly stood up. "If I didn't know any better, I'd originally assume he was faking his pain in the beginning. He's bleeding from the scars on his face. How do we help him?"

Kurogiri's smoky eyes narrowed almost in a caring way. "Master Hawks, were you really a spy for the league? Was that really your ulterior motive to bring down our little family here?"

Hawks was caught off guard, his eyes widening. "Well, I." he stuttered. 

To this Kurogiri laughed. "The entire league knows of your betrayal. Dabi was sent here to eliminate you, but it seems he failed to do so."

"Yeah, I got that part." Hawks gave Dabi a harsh look from above. Dabi's eyes were closed, and Hawks could see his chest move up and down. He was only unconscious right now. 

"How far do you two go back?" 

What a question to ask? "Since we were kids." Since the two of them were from the same background. He didn't mean to let him go.

"Touya was supposed to die years ago." Kurogiri said, his voice softer. "I've been watching his condition. He's holding on to life just from the force of wanting to.  He has so much hatred for his father that he refuses to die until he gets what he deserves."

A silence overcame Keigo. It was a bitter silence filled with only static in his brain. Touya was dying, but he managed to hold on for this long. 

"H-How do we reverse it? I mean, we can't just leave him in this condition dammit!" Hawks bent down next to the passed-out man. 

"Aren't you a hero, Keigo?" Kurogiri questioned. His voice was serious. "Isn't he just another no-good villain to you? Dabi has killed over 30 innocents in cold blood."

Keigo continued to stare at Touya's closed eyes. "A real-hero would save even villains when they need help." 

Kurogiri laughed at this. His laughter confused Keigo. 

"You really like him, don't you?"

----

"Natsuo, bring Shoto inside. He's been out in the cold for over 30 minutes." 

Natsuo sighed. His sister had stopped shaking, which was good. How was he supposed to explain what happened to Shoto? 

The atmosphere in the room was dense and thick. Maybe it was best to wrap up the visit. 

"Son, I would like to request a conversation with Shoto actually. Can you tell him to meet me in the training room?" Endeavor stood up. He appeared more calm and relaxed than his family was used to. 

Natsuo nodded without saying anything. Below him stood up Fuyumi. 

"I'll bring him inside Dad. It's probably best if I head out soon anyway. I have a long day tomorrow with my class. Sorry about dinner.." Fuyumi meekly lowered her head. 

To her surprise, her dad grinned. "Invite me more often. I'd love to taste your cooking. I'd like to say goodbye to Shoto if possible."

"I'll call him in. Natsuo, can you be a good brother and clean up the kitchen mess a bit?"

Natsuo's cobalt-grey eyes narrowed at his sister's goofy grin. "Whatever. Don't expect this to be a normal thing. I'll clean it up just this time."

Fuyumi's warm smile made him feel safe and secure. But what nobody knew was that Shoto had already left running down the street to catch the next bus to *Kamino Ward.