highway to hell - BRUCE WAYNE [T]

TITLE — HIGHWAY TO HELL

status: taken by me
faceclaim: tom ellis
oc: lucifer morningstar
love interest: bruce wayne
first appearance: batman begins
last appearance: dark knight rises

status: taken by mefaceclaim: tom ellis oc: lucifer morningstarlove interest: bruce wayne first appearance: batman beginslast appearance: dark knight rises

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

GOTHAM CITY REMINDED LUCIFER OF HOME. The cesspool of sin welcomed him in with open arms after the devil decided to up and leave his throne of torment. Hell was getting boring after all those millennia, Lucifer just needed to get away from it all. Screams of the damned once brought joy to his soul but now they made it as heavy as the victims' agony. Punishing people was what he did best but even a master craftsman can grow tired of their work.

After his failed rebellion against his Father, Lucifer fell from the Silver City. Banished from Heaven and with death ready to greet him upon his return, Lucifer found himself the ruler of the dark cruel place known as Hell. Sure, it was wonderful to start off with. He could take his anger out on those who deserved to suffer and punish them for the atrocities of their lives. But after so many centuries of the same old cycle, the devil grew tired, of well, being the devil.

Humanity, as it appeared, seemed to blame him for all their wrongdoings which was wrong. He punished sinners, he did not create them. So Lucifer decided a vacation was needed.

Leaving Hell behind was much easier than he had previously thought. Before flying up to the mortal world, Lucifer had given away his throne to his most trusted demon, to ensure Hell would continue to run like clockwork in his absence. Sure, he was a little worried about what would transpire without him. But his desire to be free from his hellfire chains overwhelmed it.

Gotham was the sort of place Lucifer could live in for eternity. Its reputation most definitely preceded it. Many of Hell's cells were full of generations of Gothamites who could not escape the dark fate that gripped the city like a vice. The rich stayed rich whilst the poor remained poor. Lucifer, of course, managed to sail his way through society, ascending the ranks and gaining his fortune in such a short space of time.

And whilst he spent his days in his large office, managing his newly acquired empire, his nights were full of punishment and torture for the cruel and unjust of Gotham city.

It was through his nighttime activities that he ended up meeting the city's newest vigilante: Batman. The two quickly formed a crime fighting team to try and combat the plague of evil that consumed their home, not releasing who their partner was under their mask.

Batman and the devil were caught in Gotham's web, spinning and falling amongst the shadows that tried to pull them down. They were both damned, they were both sinners and they were both most certainly on the highway to Hell.