𝒙𝒊. you're brave, kid

chapter eleven, episode five
you're brave, kid.

HER entire body was numb at this point. her eyes stayed glue on the concrete floor as she sat on the ambulance truck with a blanket wrapped around her body. she didn't have any other emotion than sadness and numb.

a single tear left her eyes every now and then, she answered to the police officers with an "i don't know" or a "no" everytime. she waited for at least an hour for someone to come and get her and tell them that they're her family but nothing at all.

until she heard, "Bonnie! Bonnie! Bonnie!" it was Diego shouting out her name. Bonnie frowned her eyebrows lifting her head up slowly and a chocked sobbed got stuck on her throat as she watched him run down the stairs of the hotel and notice the red hair girl.

"bonnie!" he cried out towards the girl who quickly unwrapped herself and jumped off the ambulance and ran over to Diego ran as well over towards the girl. Once Bonnie reached him she didn't waste any other second than to wrap her arms around his torso and Diego wrapped his arms around his neck tightly.

"im sorry, I'm so so sorry. i-I didn't - I saw her-" Bonnie sobbed against his chest and he shushed her softly running his fingers through her hair.

"hey, hey kid." Diego sniffed up his own tears as he broke away from the hug and placed his hands on each side of her cheek. his breath was taken away as he noticed the bruises on her faces. he ran his fingers on her cheek and he shook his head again bringing back the girl in his arms.

"you're brave, kid. you're the most bravest girl I have ever met. don't you ever dare say sorry to me for something you couldn't stop." Diego and Bonnie held each other for as long as they can and tightly.

Bonnie felt safe, she felt at home.

Diego and Bonnie then started to head home, Diego never letting go of the tired Bonnie besides him. they both walked without saying another word. Diego was afraid to say the wrong thing to comfort her and Bonnie was afraid to break down into crying again and she hates crying in front of people. she hates being weak in front of people she cares out so she held it in and Diego ran through sentences in his head to make her feel somewhat better.

Diego squeezed her hand as they entered the boxing place and once they entered their room Diego's soft face turned into a hard cold stone glare to five who was sitting in the bed. Five stood up quickly as he noticed the state of Bonnie and his face filled with worry almost immediately.

"do you have any idea what you just did?" Diego said letting go of Bonnie's had and going over to five but luther held him in place. "Nope, let me- get your ape hands off of me!" Luther had diego lifted up in the air and Bonnie slowly walked over to the chair and sat down there her body starting to feel more weaker than before.

"I Can do this as long as it takes you to calm down." Luther said and diego automatically calmed down and dropped himself onto the floor. "now, wanna tell us what you're talkin' about?"

"our brother's been pretty busy since he got back. he was in the middle of that shootout of Griddy's and then at Gimble brothers, after the guys in masks attacked the Academy, looking for him!" Diego pointed at five who was now sitting down on the bed with his arms on his knees every so often looking over at Bonnie.

"none of which is any of your concern."

"it is now," Diego said pointing over to Bonnie, "they tortured my daughter! and they killed my friend!" Diego shouted at five who's eyes widen and turned his head once more over to Bonnie who's head quickly lifted up as the word, daughter, slipped his lips.