chapt 56 • Closure From Her

I've spent the past four months taking walks and sketching anything I found interesting, and  occasionally letting my mind wonder off to the girl who still has my heart, especially on nights like this

It was even harder not to think of her when it rained, every time it did I just wanted to see her smiling at the view of the cloudy, grey sky and the droplets against the windows.

The noise of laughter and adults talking caused me to put my headphones on to drain them out.

My mother was always throwing small parties and constantly inviting neighbors which caused me to stay in my room and paint or read until they were all gone.

I never liked speaking to people, not unless it was Honey. I could talk to her forever and love every second of it.

Her voice was my favorite.

Someone constantly turning the doorknob, pushed me out of my thoughts and caused me to push back my headphones so they hang around my neck.

I open the door and surprise the girl standing there, ready to continue knocking.

"Crap I'm sorry, I thought this was the bathroom" She quickly says before she decided to run her eyes from my face down to my attire which only consisted of a black shirt and dark gray sweats.

"It's further down the hall, the last room," I say, which makes her raise her eyes back to mine.

"You're Alessio, right? Your mother hasn't stopped talking about you, she says you got into your dream university" It's like she's forgotten that she was looking for the bathroom.

"Sorry I'm Sage, my mom forced me to come and now I'm looking for a bathroom to hide out in until it's over with. No offense to your mother but sitting in a room where adults talk about how successful their children are isn't how I want to spend my Saturday night" She crosses her arm and leans on my door frame.

She takes a look at my headphones, then at the book in my hand, and into my room.

"Judging that you're in here and not down there, I'm guessing you're doing the same thing" She laughs a little bit but stops when she notices that I'm not laughing or talking.

"Not much of a talker are you?" She turns her head to the side, trying to get at least a couple of words out of me.

"I just didn't expect anyone to come upstairs" I really didn't want anyone else coming up here and trying to make conversation, the party would end in two more hours and I wanted to be in my room until then.

"My bad, I kinda forgot we're both trying to hide from everyone downstairs and yet I'm the one making the most noise" She straightens out her dress and looks over to the staircase when someone starts to walk up.

It was my mother, she's been checking up on me each hour but she wasn't expecting Sage to be standing in front of me. Sage greeted my mother and my mother returned the gesture before looking at me.