1.

THE LIFE AND DEATH OF STEPHANIE BROWN
.............

TW: major character death (not in detail) lots of angst, lots of fluff, there's like one instance where sexual assault is mentioned but its barely even a sentence and it doesn't happen to the main characters, blood, parents being bad parents, abusive undertones from superiors

.......................

..........................................

"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars"

Kahlil Griban

..........................................

"Scars are just another kind of memory."

M.L. Stedman

..........................................

"My scars remind me that I did indeed survive my deepest wounds. That in itself is an accomplishment. And they bring to mind something else, too. They remind me that the damage life has inflicted on me has, in many places, left me stronger and more resilient. What hurt me in the past has actually made me better equipped to face the present."

Steve Goodier

..........................................

"This is an anthem for the homesick

For the beaten

The lost, the broke, the defeated

A song for the heartsick

For the standbys

Living life, in the shadow of the goodbye

Do you remember when we learned how to fly?

We'd play make-believe

We were young and had time on our side

You're stuck, on the ground

Got lost, can't be found

Just remember that you're still alive"

Battle Scars, Paradise City

..........................................

There's something magical about the stars. Majestic, even. How they shine so bright even on the darkest of nights, not to be hidden or outdone by the clouds and the moon. How they light the path through the world, for all the children to stare up at in wonder and the innocent hope that only a child could produce. How the creative look up and see stories, how the scientific look up and see a world worth exploring. Yes. The stars are truly a sight to see.

Stephanie misses the stars of the past, sometimes. The stars from her old home. Sure, the stars here are brighter, more pronounced. More beautiful. Because this world was not yet tainted like hers was. It was new, happier. Hopeful.