33 - ouch

Everyone's comments on the last chapter truly mean a lot to me <3 I can't reply to all of them but I read each and every singular one :) Thank you, literally cannot thank you enough for sticking around until now

Everyone's comments on the last chapter truly mean a lot to me <3 I can't reply to all of them but I read each and every singular one :) Thank you, literally cannot thank you enough for sticking around until now. Carter and Mila are cute but you losers are cuter.
.....
Mila's Pov

"I cant believe you stole these." I whisper as he unlocks the door to my dorm room, smiling to himself at his miniature crime.

"Our parents were pissing me off, so taking the tapes seemed funny in the moment." He flops down on my bed, spreading out the VCR tapes onto the sheets.

He'd taken only a couple, one from six years ago and two others from ten and twelve years ago. When we were little, my dad would film Carter and I every time we would interact, but once he...well, died. Gabriel carried that on, filming our first days of private school and every minor event afterwards.

Which included my sixth birthday party, a year after we had met. When I moved to boarding school, I'd stolen dads VCR player along with the Tv. Sorry mom. But she was redoing the entire house, I wouldn't let her take away his precious VCR player as well.

Carter scooted to the end of the bed after I put in the one from twelve years ago, sitting beside him right after.

It took a minute to actually work and turn on, but eventually it flickered a couple times and began playing.

It's me at the head of the table while my family sings happy birthday, Gabriel and Adaline are watching from behind and my mom is getting ready to cut the cake. And of course, baby Carter is sitting right beside me.

I make sure to keep a smile on my face when I can hear dads voice over the tape. It doesn't sound like how I remember it, but then again, he left me nine years ago, so forgetting it was bound to happen...Ouch.

My dad walks around the table, getting all the angles of everyone singing happy birthday to me, and I can't help but notice when he's standing behind Carter and I.

We have our two little hands interlocked underneath the table, and baby Emilia is not looking at my cousins or my parents, no, definitely not, baby Emilia is looking right at baby Carter.

"HA! I knew you liked me just as much as I liked you!" He laughs to himself, pointing at us holding hands.

"Oh shut up, no I did not!" I couldn't deny it, but I think when I was little, claiming that I hated him was easier to admit having a teeny weency crush.

We continue watching as I open presents and my heart squeezes when my dad hands the camera over to my mom. He hands me a tiny present, wrapped in a pink ribbon.