✵ thirty-eight ✵

On Halloween, I found myself getting up at about three in the morning. The boys knew I would be leaving early, but I left a note on the counter anyway, making sure I had a couple days worth of clothes. Honestly, I didn't know where I was going, or how long I would be staying, but I wanted to be prepared. My shower didn't take that long, and while I normally would have dried my hair, I didn't care as much as normal. Putting on a pair of leggings and a sweatshirt, I headed downstairs, thankful to see that Trey was here, and ready to get me. He took my duffle bag and backpack, setting the items in the trunk after I had gotten into the vehicle.

"Good morning, Miss Amato. Mr. Styles said to get you breakfast from wherever you would like."

"I usually want Starbucks, but Dunkin sounds good."

He said it was no problem, asking for my order before locking the vehicle with me in it. I didn't really know what I was going to be in the car for, or how long, but I hoped it wouldn't be that bad. After all, my sleeping time had been a total of two hours. Sure, it was my fault, but I was too excited to sleep. After all, I was going to see Harry, and that was the most important thing. When Trey came back to the car, I thanked him for the food and my coffee, placing the drink in the cup holder after I took a sip. It was then followed by eating the breakfast sandwich I had ordered, Trey driving through the city. It was only about thirty minutes before he was parking the vehicle in long term, the two of us getting out. I figured that we would be going on an airplane, all things considered, but it was still a bit of a surprise.

"So, are we going to sit next to each other?" I asked as he carried my bags, and I drank my coffee.

"I mean, I guess if you really want that," he chuckled. "Are we not sitting next to each other on the plane already?"

"Hold on," he stated, the two of us walking past the usual baggage drop off, as he glanced at the sign briefly before continuing to walk.

"Wait, don't we need to—"

"Miss Amato, I appreciate your concern, but I know what I'm doing."

Rolling my eyes, I continued walking with Trey, the two of us having to go through security, but due to some card he had, it took nearly no time at all. Once we were past that, the two of us were being led by a worker now, my brow pulling in. I had no idea where we were going, especially if the terminals were manned by associates. However, as we were about to start heading to a specific terminal, there were several girls that ran up to us, the three of them grinning.

"Is Harry with you?" they asked.

"Uh, no, he's in LA," I told them.

"See, Bridget! I told you he was still there!" one of the girls complained, then looked at me with bright eyes. "Do you mind if we get our picture with you?"

"With me?" I asked. "I'm not really dressed for a picture."

"Please!" the girl, Bridget, insisted. "You look so pretty, and you're literally in only a sweatshirt and leggings!"

"Uh," I glanced at Trey.

"It's your call."

I wanted to tell them that if Harry found out they said anything bad about me, he wouldn't be pleased, but it sounded kind of whiny in my head, so I didn't. Instead, I thought for a moment about the pros and cons of taking a photo with these girls, deciding that they would probably not have anything mean to say if I did take a photo with them, rather than brushing the three of them off.

"Please don't say anything bad about me," I joked, but kind of hoped they wouldn't either.

"No, no!" they shook their heads.