✵ thirty-nine ✵

tw: scenes in this are graphic & may be uncomfortable for some viewers

-

-

    Harry surprised me with my outfit for the evening. His question about whether or not I liked Mary Poppins had to do with our costume for the party, and how I would be Mary, and he would be Bert. It was cute, and I had no idea how he had come up with the costume, but I loved it. Honestly, Harry looked the cutest, but I was pretty sure I also looked cute, my arms wrapping around him after we got out of the car.

"You look the cutest," I told him softly.

"I don't know about that one, Mary," he joked, his hand holding onto mine. "I hear some chimneys need sweeping, let's get along inside."

His British accent was thicker than I was used to, and I found myself absolutely adoring him now. He was precious and we said hello to a lot of people on our way into the house. There was a part of me that could tell Harry was a little put off by the place we were, but I had no idea what could be bothering him. My hand stayed in his as we walked, Harry and I making our way to the kitchen. There was someone making drinks, the man making me a margarita while Harry got a simple whiskey.

"You and your margaritas," he teased.

"You know meeee."

He leaned down, pressing a quick kiss to my lips before drinking his whole drink. I watched as he got it refilled before we walked away, the two of us making our way further into the rest of the house. Honestly, I had no idea what we were going to do here, but I smiled when he noticed his friend Nick, the name a little annoying to me, but I was sure I could look past it.

"Hello, Styles."

"Hello, Grimshaw."

"Oh, are you Finley? I've heard so bloody much about you. All good things, I can assure."

His voice was kind, his eyes meeting mine quickly. Nick was obviously someone who Harry appreciated, and I knew it the moment his hand left mine so he could hug Nick. It was sweet of him, and I thought that it was kind of Harry's friend to tell us both how great we looked. Nick appeared to be some sort of 70s rockstar, the outfit fitting him perfectly. There was a part of me that really had no idea how I was here right now, knowing there were a bunch of other famous people on the premises, but I just brushed it off, my hand finding Harry's once again.

"We're going for breakfast tomorrow," Harry brought up. "What time did you say, baby?"

"Oh, uh, nine or so."

"Nine, yeah. Ollie, are you going to come with us?"

"Styles, let me be real with you. I'm going to be hungover out of my mind, there is no bloody way I'm going to, ya know, get breakfast. And I certainly don't want to third wheel, ya feel?"

I nodded, Harry appearing to understand also as they continued chatting. It was also good that Nick didn't come along because Harry's mother would be at breakfast, and I knew that Nick wouldn't get much attention. Or, not as much as he would if it was just Harry and myself there.

"Baby, will you get me another drink?" Harry questioned. "It's just whiskey, right?"

"Yeah. Thank you so much," he grinned, his lips pressing to mine briefly. "You're the best."

Smiling, I took his glass, walking to the kitchen. I still had half of my drink, so I didn't bother getting a refill, asking the bartender kindly for a refill on Harry's drink. It didn't take long at all, and I was thankful to find that Harry and Nick were in the same spot as before when I came back. The curly-haired model thanked me for his drink when I handed it to him, Nick telling me that my costume looked fantastic. We then got to talking about Mary Poppins, and how I loved it as a child, and then both Harry and Nick said it was a very good movie indeed. However, we managed our way to a sofa at some point, Harry letting me lean against him until I wanted to go get more of my drink. In which case, he downed the rest of his whiskey, asking for more. It was very obvious to me that he was trying to push whatever was bothering him away, and I could also see that his attempt at that was downing as much alcohol as he could. By about the sixth drink, he was a little tipsy, but not enough for it to be obnoxious yet.