Twenty-Five

Sage WilliamsPresent

Sage Williams
Present

"Digging yourself deeper into a new hole, worm?"

I clicked my tongue to the roof of my mouth as someone opened my front door for me. "Hey, Stell." I greeted her. She smiled brightly at me, a spitting image of my father. I mean, if Matti Williams was a girl– Stella would be it. Tall, broad shoulders– and she could definitely pound a few beers down without feeling a thing.

"Hey sis. How's my favorite twin?" I tilted my chin upward at her comment before walking into the house we grew up in.

"Mom!" I yelled her name before kicking my shoes off.

"She's not home. She's at Ellie's helping her bake. Dad's at a committee party and Slater is probably knocking–"

"Someone up."

We finished each other's sentences and then laughed together. Walking alongside each other, we headed into the kitchen. I grabbed a juice from the fridge before sitting down at the counter. The huge pear-shaped diamond sat on her ring finger looking as if it had just come back from the ring cleaners.

"By the way– mom said the roommate had a crush on Slater, how's that?" She nudged my shoulder as I groaned.

Rory.

How did I really feel about Rory?

I think Sage from two years ago would've loved Rory. Hell, I think Sage from two years ago would've had a crush on Rory. But right now, I thought she was cool. Space-invading but cool. I don't think she has any ill intentions but she can be kind of crazy.

It's not a bad crazy either.

It's just the fact that she didn't have any personal boundaries.

But that was okay because I'd rather tear up another garden than ever be in the same room as someone who tells them they are being clingy. Or that they are being annoyed. Or even worse, that they are not where they should be.

"She's okay. I know that we will grow more on each other. It's still just recent." I uncapped the juice, gulping setting it down. "But she likes Slater. Don't you hate people who try to get with your brother?"