Beast Glades

Alistair POV:

"Next examiner, John, please come down," Kaspian called out. I stood up and jumped down to the examination ground.

"Ready yourself," he told me while he gathered mana around his rapier.

His sharp eyes gleamed with a powerful killing intent. His rapier was aimed toward me, but as he brought it closer toward him, the blade began glowing with a silvery hue.

"Ha!" Letting out a sharp breath, he thrust out his rapier, piercing the air in front of him.

He was creating sharp bullets of wind, which were near-invisible.

'Same starting attack as against Arthur, huh,' I thought as I dissipated the bullets using lightning magic.

'No need to hold back, Thunder Form.'

My entire body was enveloped in lightning that spread across the entire stadium. Kaspian's eyes widened in shock as he created a whirlwind around himself to hold back the lightning.

'The move I copied from Gary is truly strong,' I thought as I charged straight at Kaspian. Since I was still at the dark orange core stage, I wasn't capable of conjuring much so focused on closing the distance and fighting with swordsmanship.

Kaspian quickly recovered from his shock and thrust his blade to stop me. I pushed the purple particles my mother called aether to my eyes, causing time to slow down to a standstill. I then saw the mana flow in his rapier and struck my sword at the weak point of his rapier.

Klang! 

He gasped when he noticed his rapier being attacked from another side he didn't expect  but he quickly recovered. He pivoted his left foot and attacked me with his free right hand.

I easily avoided me and kicked him, only to be met with a wind shield. Kaspian then distanced himself from me before apologising, "I apologise for underestimating you. However, I have determined that you are A-class. It is impossible for someone to place above A-rank without any other accomplishments such as cleared dungeons so I don't believe we need to continue the examination."

I nodded my head in agreement.

(A/N: Ok, yes, I made this fight underwhelming. But that's because I wanted to reveal Alistair's true powers later and not now.)

______________________________________________

Arthur POV:

After we got our ranks, the three of us went onto explore dungeons and get stronger while doing so. I reached A-class at light orange core stage while Alistair stayed at A-class and got a dark yellow core.

Jasmine also got much stronger and reached AA-class. 

"We're here," Jasmine announced, snapping me out of my thoughts. At her signal, the three of us brought our horses to a slow trot into a small clearing in the woods.

The clearing that was surrounded by tall trees, and where the dungeon entrance was located, was littered with a group of adventurers clearing their camp, some checking their weapons as they got ready to go in.

"I guess we're stuck with more augmenters," an all-too-familiar voice rang as he clicked his tongue. Getting off of my mount, I made my way towards the group of adventurers when the blond fire conjurer from the examination site shot me a distasteful look. Jasmine followed behind me as an armoured augmenter stepped forth and held out his hand in front of him, gesturing for a shake.

"Please don't mind Lucas and let me introduce you to the party. My name is Reginald Brooks, and I'm an A-class augmenter. I am an earth attribute yellow stage core that specialises in using a hammer." He pointed at the giant warhammer lying on the ground where the group stood.