Chapter XII: Consequence

~.~

"I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their good intellects."

~.~

As of now, Mikey appeared to have found his equal with Hanma.

Furthermore, even if they managed to take down a significant number of Moebius, they still wouldn't have enough time to drag Draken to safety or to a hospital.

'What the hell is going on?' Takemichi pondered; still struggling to grasp the current circumstances laid out in front of him; it appeared as if everything he had learned in the future was taking an entirely different turn.

'Naoto didn't mention any of this. The internal conflict should've been resolved! But now a different conflict's happening...' A lump forms in his throat.

Even a soft groan escaped from (Y/N)'s throat. 'Stopping Peh won't be enough anymore... what am I supposed to do?!' She thought.

And as Moebius' cheers grew louder and touched the heavens, they prepped to attack every single youngster in front of them.

(Y/N) clenches her hands before frantically wiping away the blood that had stained her skin earlier. Though, it was useless. For the liquid kept spilling, and her wooziness never simmered.

'If we weren't outnumbered before, we are now...' She thought. 'I'm completely aware of Mikey's strength, and I know he can hold his own...! But, I can't shake the feeling of defeat...! And I wanna run but... it's like my body is keeping me in place... telling me to... to help.'

(Y/N)'s eyes scan over to Takemichi who still looked beyond frightened, 'As of now, it's all up to Takemichi to make his move and protect Draken, I'm not much help with this injury. But... he definitely needs backup either way.'

She scowls, turning to stare down at her feet. 'Damn it! Everything that is about to happen will only force me to take part in this conflict...! Takemichi will get slaughtered if I don't help him through this huge crowd...!!'

A sigh slips from (Y/N)'s lips. Her heart now raced at a million miles per hour and her anxiety also had now skyrocketed. Not to mention, her entire body felt like it was on cloud nine, nothing made sense anymore. The logic was out the window completely.

And the feeling of choosing her next notion felt almost exhilarating. The pressure was by far too much 'That idiot needs me...! I promised I'd help...! Though, I could risk a lot, including my own life...'

Her head turns toward the sky, her eyes glued shut. 'I need to decide what to do next... and fast...!'

Who would've thought that (Y/N)'s stress would go beyond what she felt at this exact moment? Dread had, yet again, filled her entire being. With this, her eyes reopen slightly. 'Nala... what do I do?'

And as everything soon turned to slow motion, each individual member of Moebius took a slight step forward, sinister grins on their faces. Everything felt so...scary.

Until, the sound of engines struck everyone's attention; motorcycle engines.

They had seemingly come out of nowhere, popping from thin air like they were summoned. And as more motorcycles could be heard nearby, confusion paints the faces of Hanma and Mikey.

Despite such, Mitsuya sighed with relief. "They just made it...!" He affirmed; a small smile creeping onto his face.

After uttering that statement, (Y/N) turned toward the direction of the sounds. That's when a bright light erupted from behind the trio, and all of Toman emerged onto the scene.