bellflower bookstore

As quietly as you could, you unlocked the door to your new apartment. Midnight was by far the worst hour to be stepping into your new home of the semester. Especially considering your first class was in T-minus eight hours.

Your mother had thankfully left with your brother, it would've been troublesome to do anything with them around. Plus, you didn't want to wake up any of the other tenants. When you placed a box of some of your books down, you looked around your dorm. The recollection of your last box of clothes being at the bottom of the steps of the building protruded your mind.

"Fuck my life," you palmed your head.

Heaving a sigh, you headed back down the stairs leading to the entrance of the building. The aura was a bit frightening as it was almost entirely dark. Nothing could be seen but the faint silhouettes of trees. You spotted a box that read 'Property of Me' that you recall having scribbled on when you were younger.

You bent down to pick it up when a man suddenly rounded the corner, nearly knocking you over.

"Woah, I'm so sorry," the boy apologized. "I didn't see you there."

You bent back down to pick up your phone, shaking your head in response, "It's okay, I just hope my screen didn't crack."

"Oh crap," his voice was shaky. "I'm so sorry, I'll pay to fix it."

Your hand reached for your phone which was facing down on the pavement. Nervousness wracked your veins as you lifted it off the cement, still keeping it face down as if flipping it over would be the reason for it to shatter.

The boy stood there, a bit rattled as he awaited for the moment of truth. Deciding it was wiser to just suck it up and rip off the proverbial bandaid, you quickly flipped it over. A wide grin was on your face as you finally looked up at the boy, revealing that the screen was fully intact when your lock screen shined a faint hue on your face.

He must've aged about forty years with stress. Letting out a hefty sigh, he blinked a little in relief, "I'm such an idiot, I should've kept my eyes up while I was walking. I am so sorry. Here—let me help you with that."

He reached over to grab the box from your hand as you moved to stand up, "It's no problem at all, and thanks."

He smiled at you, "I'm Armin. You live here too?"

He had wide blue eyes that resembled crystal-like drops of the ocean. He had blond hair and a kind smile. He was quite breathtaking, someone handsome and pretty at the same time. So, yes, he was hot. It would've been much plainer to just say that.

You returned the same warmth, "Yeah, I do, I was finishing up with unpacking and I realized I left my shit out here."

"Oh," he nodded, peering down at your writing on the side of the box. "I take it that you're 'Me?'"

You giggled as you swiped your ID at the building entrance. Upon hearing the little beep and the click of the door unlock, you opened it for him, "Yeah, sorry. I'm Y/n. It's nice to meet you, Armin."

"Pleasure is all mine," Armin replied. He turned towards the stairs but froze, "Oh, my bad, I was about to head to my apartment. Are you on the first floor?"

You shook your head, "No, I'm on the third."

"Oh, cool, I'm on the second," he began walking up the stairs again. "You ready for classes tomorrow?"

Following by his side, you climbed the steps with him, "I guess, I'm still a bit nervous. How about you?"

"Me too, I have my first class with one of my friends though, so it shouldn't be that bad," he said.