All that what it is

Anirudh's POV

"Pati babuuuuu.....Pati babuuuuu" crying out in a panicked voice, Bondita ran towards me throwing her jute bag on the antique gold plated sofa at our centre sitting area as I was resting on the cushioned chair of its left, drinking water after a wearisome brainstorming session with a client at the court.
"Ki holo mish.....Bondita...eto taratari Baari chole ele? (What happened Bondita, why are you back so early)
Rectifying myself from addressing her nickname infront of Bihari in our sitting area, I stood upon my feet watching her unnerved body movement and breathless face.

"Pa...ti...babu...I...my...they" Bondita ran embracing me weeping aloud.

"Ki holo ta ki Bondita bolbe toh? (What happened Bondita say something?) Why are you crying? and what happened to your uniform? How did you get this blue bordered Saree? Whose is it? Did someone say something against your outfit as kaka was saying people do while you are out in it?" I asked apprehensively, turning to Bihari to bring some water but the moron stood tightly shutting his eyes making me wonder why? the reason did not take me much time to realize. These conservative people uuuffff always misinterpret affectionate expressions as something else!!! creating mountain out of a molehill.
"Bihaariiiiii....pass me the water" I commanded in a foaming tone, the latter nervously handing over the glass to me.
"Bondita...Bondita! Calm down...calm down and sit here...take this glass of water." I released her from myself and made her sit on the chair pacifying her restless state "Ebar bolo ki hoiche" (Now tell me what happened)

Bondita (weeping slowly) - Pati Babu...oi...aajke....biddaloyai tey...

She narrated the entire incident at the school to my deep disappointment and anger rising quickly at the despicable ridicule and mockery she had to face at the school premises.

"Bondita look at me...look" I cupped her cheeks lovingly as she raised her head and tearful eyes and cute red nose with quivering lips..
"Bondita...let's go to your room first. We'll speak peacefully there ok?"

She agreed and I gently smiled holding her palm to support her move towards her bedroom.

"Bihariiii....send koeli upstairs to her bouma's room after a while."

In her room....

"Mishti...takao amar dikey...please (look at me)" I sat on a low stool holding her palms softly to me, tears wailing up in my tear ducts more and more as my mind replayed her narrated incident repeatedly while her agony reflected her lowered eyebrows, pulled closer together, its inner corners angled up. The corners of her mouth drawn downwards, clearly spoke loudly that she was also recalling those haunting humiliation she faced in the hands of her teacher, classmates and the servant. I will meet her separately for sure.

"Mishti...I am sorry....please forgive me" I held up my ears to apologize.

Bondita (with surprised look) - Why are you apologizing? Apnar ki dosh etatey? (What is your mistake here)

"Indeed I am at fault Mishti...being your guardian, I should have spoken about it elaborately after your birthday. But, the thought just skipped my mind as it got busy with other regular stuffs. But, better late than never. I'll tell you now but you first stop getting afraid of it. Understand? There's nothing to be afraid of. What you have is not a disease...it's a very natural and compulsory process taking place among all females of this earth."

Bondita (with a little twinkle in her eyes) - ki? Eita rog naaaa? Shottttiiii? (What? Is it not a disease?)

"Han Mishti....Shotti!! yes it's true, it's not a disease

Bondita - Taayi toh! (Indeed) Mastermoshai and Jayanti kaaki were asking why my ma didnt inform me about it. Meye hoi jaani na keno? (Why despite being a woman, I do not know about it) If this is a universal process occurring in bodies of all females of the earth, then how can they call it a disease?