Chapter Thirty Nine

"You will not take her from me."
- Anakin Skywalker

❆ ❆ ❆

"Obi-Wan I think I'm pregnant."

Obi-Wan just blinked at her as he held her cheek.

"Well that's . . . that's wonderful." He said after some time of thinking it through.

"Is it? Is it really?" Oriel asked, her voice starting to break as her mind brought her to all the possibilities of what their child would bring. Not all of them were good.

"Take a deep breath darling. Everything will be alright, besides, we still don't know for sure." Obi-Wan rubbed his hand up and down her arm to try and sooth her.

"Come on, we need to report back to the Council and then we will go to Mandalore." He lifted her chin and pressed his lips against hers while she nodded her head in a agreeance.

❆ ❆ ❆

"I got your transmission, it sounded urgent. Is everything all right?" Satine asked as Obi-Wan and Oriel walked into the courtyard of her palace.

"For the moment." Oriel said as she kept a straight face, trying to hide the growing worriedness in side of her.

"Let's just get inside and talk somewhere more . . . privet." Obi-Wan said lowly as he looked around and saw her guards that were in ear shot.

"I understand." Satine said catching on and she led them inside to her personal chambers where they were alone.

"Whatever it is, you better not have brought more war to my planet Kenobi's." She said eyeing off the two but Oriel almost wished that was the reason they were there.

"We need to use your medical services Satine." Obi-Wan said once he realised Oriel wasn't going to speak.

"I'm sorry I don't follow." She said confused looking between the married couple.

"Satine I need you to listen very closely, we came to you because we trust you very deeply." Oriel started and it only made the duchess even more concerned.

"We need this to be completely off record, no one can know." She took a deep breath before continuing. "I think I might be pregnant."

Satine's reaction was much like Obi-Wan's. She didn't say anything at first but soon she came to her senses and looked very happily at them.

"That's amazing, it really is." She congratulated and she took each of their hands in hers.

"We don't know anything for sure yet, but that's why we came to you." Obi-Wan smiled back, relieved to see that Satine was genuinely happy for them.

"You made the right decision to come to me. Come on, I'll set up a room for you and get a medical droid prepared." Satine said and turned towards her door pulling her two friends with her.

They were taken to her personal medical suit where Oriel changed out of her Jedi Robes into a plain white hospital gown that game to her mid thighs. She was lying on a white bed with a sheet covering her bottom half and her gown coming up to show her abdomen.

"Just relax." Oriel heard Obi-Wan's voice from behind the glass window that separated her and the other two.

"I am relaxed." She said even though she was more than nervous as the droid started placing a metal band over her stomach.

"I think he was talking to himself." Satine joked but it was kind of true.

"Let's just get this over with." Oriel sighed and the droid began it's work.