Chapter 39

Chapter 39: Party

I was so ready to end him.

If Hestia didn't just show up and pull me away there, he was most likely dead by now. When I said dead— decapitated, bloodless, and burned into ashes. That's how I end things.

Hestia locked the car door as if that would stop me from breaking the door if I decided to go back and finish what I had started. She ignited the car and drove away like a mad woman running for her life.

With one hand, she pulled a wet tissue out of the glove compartment and set it on the dashboard. "This car is brand new. Don't stain it with blood."

Kinuha ko ang wet towel saka pinunasan ang dugo sa aking kamay. I was not even aware that I was shaking until I laid my eyes on my hands.

From once the most fragrant scent for me, his blood suddenly smelled horrible. After wiping the blood off my hand and elbow, I rolled the window down and threw the tissue outside.

"Stop!" yelled Hestia, but it was too late. A car with flashing blue and red lights was following us. "Jesus, I don't have time for this. Hold on!"

She pressed her foot on the gas and drove faster. I almost forgot that this woman aced so many race car competitions before. This would be fun!

With the free wind from the opened window brushing in my hair and aesthetic blue and red lights flashing behind us, I leaned back on the seat and enjoyed the moment.

"You are really enjoying this huh?" pansin ni Hestia nung makitang nakangiti pa ako. "Bakit kasi tinapon mo sa labas 'yung gamit na tissue?!"

"Sabi mo ayaw mong mamantsahan ng dugo sasakyan mo?" ngumisi ako saka tumingin sa rear view mirror. "They are catching up."

Even at our current speed, they were able to get us back on track. They've been following us for ten minutes now. Oh, my feels! How can they be so obstinate over a piece of tissue?

When I thought it was about to get boring, a white car appeared in the scene out of nowhere and intentionally hit the police car on the side. Tumama sa side road ang sasakyan ng mga pulis kaya naiwan namin sila. Nakasunod naman sa amin ang puting sasakyan.

"Sino na naman 'yan?" tanong ni Hestia. "Dylan?"

I shrugged.

I have no idea, but I was pretty sure that they were not cops. Tinamaan nila ang sasakyan ng mga pulis para tigilan sa kahahabol sa amin, para sila na naman ang maghabol.

"How about we pull up?" I suggested. "We owe them gratitude."

"No. You don't even know them!"

I frowned. "Just pull up!"

"Fine! Let's try if I can find an empty street."

I spent another five boring minues watching the white car on the rear view mirror. Hindi ko sila makita mula sa loob. Ibig sabihin na gawa ang mga salamin ng sasakyan para hindi sila makita sa loob, kahit na ng mga bampira.

Hestia finally pulled up the car. Nauna akong lumabas ng sasakyan. Habang hinihintay na makalapit sa amin ang puting sasakyan ay inalis ko ang kwintas sa leeg ko. Nangangati na kasi ako.

"What if they are bad guys?" tanong ni Hestia na tumabi sa akin.

"Neither we are good girls."

The white car parked a few meters away from us. We just stood in our place and waited for them to come out. A familiar man emerged from the door.

"Oh, no..." Hestia whispered.

"What's up?" I asked, smirking. "Jackson."

Huminto siya ilang pulgada mula sa amin. He took off his shades and glared at me. Hindi pa man kami tumatagal ay nakita ko nang sumilip ang mga pangil sa labi niya.