12

"Are you aware what time is it?" Valentino's stern voice makes her gulp. She swallows her fear down and just shrugs while looking outside the window.

"I need verbal answers, Ivy. This isn't going to continue like this forever." Ivy flinches as his voice darkens.

"I-I was just taking a walk." She lies while clutching the plastic bag in her arms. She literally breathes out in relief when she finally reaches the orphanage.

"Uh thank you for the ride and umm for that day." She says meekly and wastes no time to jump out. She didn't look back at him but directly runs inside. Greta is already waiting for her.

"I got the job."

On the other side, Valentino takes his phone out.

"Find out where actually Ivy went to take the walk."

The next day Alessio is already standing outside the orphanage and waiting for Ivy. Feeling a lot of better after yesterday night, smiling, Ivy skips out of the door but frowns after finding Alessio outside.

"Hey." Alessio extends his knuckle forward. Confused Ivy lightly bumps her fist with his.

"What are you doing here, Alessio?" Ivy frowns in confusion.

"Actually I brought something for you." Alessio steps away letting her see a parked bicycle in the small driveway of orphanage.

"Coco." The bike is exactly like Coco covering with the same friendship stickers and bracelets.

"Thank you." Ivy smiles in appreciation feeling a lot more better. But still there are tears present in her eyes.

"You don't have to thank me. It was dad who especially bought this for you." Ivy is completely stunned at the revelation. Before she can speak, he grabs her hand and drags her towards his parked car.

"We are gonna be late for school." He tells her and gently pushes her in the seat before closing the door. He gets into the driver seat and soon they are off to school.

The day at the school was lot better under Alessio's company. He didn't left her side and even sometimes Denver too. Three of them had lunch together and now Ivy was sitting in Alessio's car. He is dropping her back to the orphanage.

"I will see you tomorrow." Alessio says as he opens the door for her.

"Bye." Ivy hurries to get out and rushes inside the orphanage. She quickly gets dressed while slightly frowning at the short black dress that reveals her thighs. She uncomfortably tugs the dress down and comes up with the idea to wear her baggy hoodie over it.

"Greta! I am going to work." After yelling over her shoulder, she rushes out of the door. The club isn't going to open within next 4 hours but James had told her to come early so he could tell her everything like how things work there.

"Ivy! Good to see you here." James smiles at her but he raises his brows, staring at her hoodie.

"You can wear it now but it needs to be off when the club will open." Ivy nods her head lightly. She gets introduce to many other bartenders and even few strippers. Time flies away and soon it is the time of opening.

It only takes another hour for it to turn chaotic and loud. Ivy tries to keep up with everyone's orders. There are old pervert males that makes her even more uncomfortable and scared but James stays close to her.

Suddenly silence falls in the air but a while later slow music starts again but people look uncomfortable. Some even abruptly leaves.

"Not again." James sighs under his breath.

"Is everything ok?" Ivy asks concerned. James look at her face.

"Yeah do- good evening sir. What can I get for you this nice evening?" James bows his head a little with complete professionalism in his tone.

"Dom Pèrignon." Ivy freezes when a familiar voice sounds in her ears. She quickly glances back to confirm that it is sure Mr. Lucifer Santiago. His dead stare is already fixed on her. Accompanying him, Valentino is also present.

"Coming right up sir." James gives Ivy a odd look. Ivy tries hard to not look in their direction and picks up the tray to serve the other customers but Valentino calls her.

"Put it down." Ivy gulps but doesn't do what he says.

"Ivy!" The weird sternness was back in his tone that almost made her follow his words but she stubbornly shakes her head. This stubbornness vanishes as soon as she glances at his darkened eyes.

"Now come here." Ivy swallows harshly and rounds the counter. A little shaken up from the anger rolling out from him, she stands in front of him. Lucifer is silently watching this interaction same like guards and a gaping James and other co-workers.

Valentino unzips his jacket and drops it down over her shoulders. Ivy frowns when he zips it shut for her. She looks down at the floor a little embarassed because literally everyone present in there is staring at them.

"She won't be working here from now on." Valentino looks direct at Ivy while saying these words to James.

"B-but I wanna work here. Because of you all I have already lost my job at first. I do--" Ivy is cut off by Lucifer grabbing her wrist suddenly.

"It's a personal matter. We will discuss it in private." Without giving her a chance to even react, he pulls her out of the club. Valentino and guards follows behind him.

"Leave me." Ivy struggles with tears in her eyes. Lucifer stops in front of his car and crouches down on his knees until he is at her eye level.

"You want a job? I will give you a job. But I won't let you work here or any such places like this." Ivy frowns when he wipes her tear that slides down her cheek. He cradles her face with his hands and looks deeply in her eyes.

"Now stop crying. Instead of this sad frown there should have been a smile, little star."

When I first started writing this book, I'd think about portraying Lucifer's character as a cold hearted man. I was thinking about not making him lighten up with Ivy just at the starting.. I wanted him to act a little asshole kind like Alexander in my short story 'His little Rosa' but I changed the whole concept. Now I have finished writing this book (on patreon) and I think that my decision was perfect and one of the best thing😔 What do you guys think?