Chapter 9. Start!

Timeskip

Setting

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Narrating

[POV Change]

----------------------------------------------------------

Previously...

"I pledge... that I am the best Elemental Quirk user in the world and that I am also the best Emitter Quirk user that has ever lived. Oh, and I'll win this entire thing." I pledged, causing the crowd of students behind me to begin booing me and yelling things at me. "Why are you booing me? I'm right." I responded as I raised an eyebrow. "Why are you doing something so disgraceful?!" Engine Boy asked me, which made me sigh. "All of you can shut it, or not. I don't care about whether or not I have your approval, I know who I am. I am the person whose name the world will never forget: (Y/N) Beifong. The rest of you? You'll stay as support just like you belong. The most you'll ever do is clean my uniform when I'm done." I then informed them as I got off the stage. It seemed that everyone else had channelled their inner Bakugo, as they were yelling curses at me while I went back to where my classmates were. "Now, let's get started right away." Midnight said as she grabbed the microphone, pretending like this whole thing never happened. "Every year, many drink their tears here! Now, here is the fateful first game! This year it's... this!" She said, confusing me. I assumed that a screen behind her showed what the event was, but I didn't see it due to me not seeing anything. "All 11 classes will participate in this race. The course will be the outer circumference of this stadium- about four kilometres! Our school's selling point is freedom! As long as you stay on the course, it doesn't matter what you do!" She explained, making things clear. It seemed like this was when the event would start.

----------------------------------------------------------
USJ

[(Y/N) POV]

"Now, take your places, everyone!" Midnight ordered as everyone turned to one of the gates in the stadium. This gate was bigger than the others and was the only one that people didn't come out of to enter the stadium. It also let out a noise of low volume as Midnight spoke. As everyone began to turn to the gate, I abandoned my classmates. While they were at the back of the mob of contestants, I was making my way to the front of the crowd to get an early headstart. "Start!" Midnight loudly announced, causing everyone to obey. All of the students had rushed into the gate straight away, however, the gate to the tracks had a hallway. That hallway was very narrow, causing everyone to get stuck and start pushing against each other. Although I wasn't going to let some stupid obstacle like this slow me down, raising pillars from the ground under my feet by using my Quirk. This made me appear like one of those people at festivals who walked on stilts and towered above everyone. I then began to walk with the pillars, walking over everyone as some looked up at me. Meanwhile, the others continued to push against each other. As I exited the hallway and was about to continue the race, the ground under me suddenly got frozen, stopping my stone stilts in place. I could also feel that the rest of the hallway had been frozen as well.

I didn't let that slow me down, however, as I jumped off the stone stilts straight away. As I landed with a roll, I got up right away and did the same thing that I had done many times at this point. I did what I did at I had done at the Entrance Exam and USJ. I surfed on the ground using my Quirk so that I could travel quickly. Many people were stuck on the ice, but that didn't mean everyone was. Many people used their Quirks to break the ice and escape, such as Bakugo, who created explosions to escape. "I won't let you two get away so easily! You half-and-half bastard and you blind shrimp!" Bakugo angrily yelled as he blew explosions behind him to launch himself forward. I was in first place at the moment since the so-called half-and-half bastard wasn't doing the same thing he did at the Entrance Exam for some reason. My attention peaked, however, as I felt the vibrations of many heavy chunks of metal in the distance. Their size became clear as I got closer, as there were now three building tall robots standing in front of me and looking down at me. It should have been easy to beat them since I could just go under them and leave them for the Halfy and the others to deal with, but I decided to show off a bit for the audience and the heroes. I put my arms ahead of me as I felt Halfy begin to get near my location. I then slowly began to raise my hands, greatly enlarging the number of vibrations in the ground. The gigantic robot on the left then began slowly levitating from the ground, making Halfy stop as I felt him arrive at where I was. "He's lifting the Zero-Pointer!" I heard another student shriek as a crowd of students began to arrive. I then quickly moved my hands to the right, causing the robot to crash into the two that were next to it, effectively destroying them. I could hear the cheers of the audience from all the way out here, making me smirk.

There were more robots of the same size behind them, however, so things weren't over. "I'll leave them to you guys, enjoy!" I exclaimed as the ground under me gave way, allowing me to tunnel to the other side so that I could avoid the rest of the robots. I made sure to make the parts of the tunnel that I had passed cave in so that other students couldn't copy me and avoid the robots the same way as me. I then exited the tunnel as I felt no more robots in the area above me. I could also tell that Halfy had certainly taken care of the rest of the robots, as I felt the vibrations of them falling over while covered in ice. I then got an idea, however, a funny idea. I reversed the cave-in of the tunnel, making it seem like a completely normal one. I then caved in the exit, making it a waste of time for anyone who had come through the entire way of the tunnel. They would have to return to the entrance of the tunnel and make their back above ground. I snickered to myself as I turned around and continued to skate on the ground. Although, there was a problem. The tunnel had made me slow down a bit, making Halfy and others overtake me in the race. That wouldn't last for long, however, as we got to the second obstacle. The Obstacle was a bunch of pillars connected by ropes over a canyon. All I did was take out stones from the pillars using my Quirk and use them to cut all the ropes around one of the pillars. I then used my Quirk to bring that singular pillar towards me, causing me to simply step on it and ride it to the other side, navigating around all the other pillars and ropes.

Once again, I surfed across the ground with my Quirk until I got to the third obstacle. I could also tell that it was the last one since it was incredibly close to a gate that led back into the stadium. I then began to laugh, however, as I realized what the last obstacle was. There were a bunch of landmines in the ground that you had to avoid. Due to the landmines being in the ground, I could easily tell where every single one was. The reason that I was laughing was that it seemed like the entire obstacle race was made specifically for me. First, the robots that I could easily manipulate with my Quirk, then the pillars that I could ride on to get across the canyon, and now landmines that I could easily locate. None of that was necessary, however, as I simply cut off the piece of ground I was on from its surroundings before making it levitate in the air. Halfy was cautiously walking over them while Bakugo was just simply flying over them with his Quirk. I would have had no idea where he was if his explosions didn't create so much noise and didn't send vibrations towards the ground. More students were coming as well, so I didn't have time to waste. Luckily for me, Bakugo sacrificed his speed and advantage so that he could slow down Halfy, just like the dumbass he is. I did nothing of the sort, however, as I just began flying forward with the piece of rock that I was levitating. This didn't go unnoticed, as I heard yelling from Bakugo as I got ahead of him and Halfy. I then began to make the rock descend as I predicted that I had left the area they were in. I was right since as I landed, I felt no landmines around me. I felt Bakugo try to grab me by the back of my shirt, but I quickly began skating across the ground again, causing me to get away from him. But that wasn't the issue at the moment, as I could feel the vibrations of Midoriya collecting a bunch of landmines together.

I then felt that he was about to hit them with what seemed like a piece of metal from the robots, and I had to intervene if I didn't want him getting launched into the air where I couldn't tell where he was. As he began to lower the piece of metal, I instantly raised a dome around the landmines in a jolt of panic, blocking them from him and blocking the piece of metal. He then repeatedly tries to get rid of the dome, but all he did was chip off at the thick stone that covered the landmines. I let out a sigh of relief in response as I then felt him throw away the piece of metal and begin to run across the last obstacle. Meanwhile, I hadn't stopped skating, continuing to get closer to the entrance of the stadium. Halfy and Bakugo weren't that far behind me, however, so I had to stay wary. I also began to skate faster so that I could win faster. A smirk made its way onto my face as I could feel a hallway ahead. When I got close, I jumped off and began to run on the ground of the hallway. My smirk turned into a grin as I then entered the stadium once again, making me the winner of the obstacle race. The audience erupted in cheers as they saw me. Seconds later, Halfy and Bakugo made it into the stadium as well, making the audience cheer again. "(Y/N)!" I then heard a voice exclaim, causing me to widen my eyes. It was a familiar voice, and I turned to it, I recognised it as that of my mother's. Was she in the audience? "You did well!" I then heard another voice yell, making my eyes widen further. That was my father's voice. "You did well, indeed, Master (Y/N)." A third voice from the audience then congratulated me, and I recognised it as the voice of Alfred, my butler. What were the three of them doing in the audience?