Unplanned Day Off (LM)

Introduction:
As Lucius has caught a cold, Y/N decides to take an unplanned day off from work in order to take care of her sick husband.

This is a request from an anon on Tumblr. Thank you for your request!

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 7/17/2022
———————————————

Word count: 1k

It's Monday morning. Y/N Malfoy is getting ready for work. She has just taken a shower and gotten dressed, more or less ready to leave. All she needs is breakfast before she's out the door.

As she asks the house elves to brew a cup of coffee and cook some scrambled eggs, she gently knocks on the door to her and her husband's shared room.

"Lucius, would you like some breakfast? Or would you like to sleep some more?" she asks. However, all she hears is sneezing and coughing.

She slowly opens the door to find her husband sitting on the bed. He's not looking too good - his hair is messy, his face a bit paler than usual and his nose is running. He would certainly hate it if anyone outside saw him like this.

Giving him a sympathetic look, she sits beside him on the bed. "Oh, Lucius. You poor thing, you have caught a cold" she says as she rubs his back.

He pouts. "Yes, don't remind me. I feel awful-" he says as he sneezes a few times. Y/N tries her best not to giggle but fails.

Lucius huffs at that. "Don't mock me, woman. Aren't you going to work?" he questions. He however wishes she weren't - he would love for her to stay at home with him.

"Well, I was... But it seems like I'll need to take an unplanned day off" she suddenly says.

Lucius looks at her, surprised. "You are staying?" he asks, his heart feeling warm at hearing her words.

She smiles. "Of course, I'm not letting my sick husband stay home all alone. I know the house elves will be here, but that's not enough to ease my mind" she states just as she calls for one of the house elves.

"I'll need to change my previous order. Make us two cups of tea and some hot tomato soup instead" she tells the small creature.

The house elf nods before disappearing. Not too long after, it reappears with the tea and the soup.

"Thank you" she says.

As it bows before disappearing again, she hands Lucius one of the cups containing tea.

"Here you go, love" she says as she smiles.

Lucius drinks the tea and sighs, enjoying the hot liquid warming his throat. Y/N drinks her tea as well.

Once the cups are empty, she feeds him the tomato soup. As she brings the spoon towards his mouth, Lucius lets her feed him and eats the soup. It's warming his shaking body - he now notices how cold he feels.

When there's no more soup left, she places the bowl next to the empty cups. She feels his forehead and gasps.

"You are burning up... You'll need a Pepperup Potion" she states as she calls for the same house elf to bring them the potion.

Nodding, the elf leaves only to return in an instant with the needed potion before leaving the couple alone. Just as she's about to open the vial, she finally notices how much he's shaking.

"Your body is freezing, yet you are burning up... A hot bath should do the trick. I'll turn on the water once you have taken this" she says as she opens the flask in her hand, slowly bringing it to his lips. She tilts it as the liquid runs down his throat.

Suddenly, hot steam emits from his ears. Y/N can't help but laugh at that which makes him cross his arms.

"Laughing at my expense... Who knew me being sick would amuse you" he grumbles.

She gently wraps her arms around him before kissing his cheek. "I'm sorry, my love, I couldn't contain myself. Please forgive me" she pleads, looking at him with her puppy eyes.

Lucius sighs. How can he resist that look?

"Fine" he mutters, though melting into her embrace.

Smiling, she guides him to the bathroom where she prepares his bath. Once it's done, she helps him strip before he sits down in the bathtub, his body in the hot water.

He sighs in pleasure, enjoying the warmth. He's no longer shaking.

She grabs the shampoo bottle and starts washing his hair. He closes his eyes and enjoys the scalp massage she's giving him.

Once his hair is clean, she puts his favourite hair mask on the length of his hair.

Lucius hums. "You know exactly how I like my hair to be taken care of" he says, feeling happy that she wants to take care of him.

She kisses his shoulder in response. "Of course, I do know your hair care routine after all" she reminds him, giggling.

A few minutes later, she rinses out the hair mask of his hair, leaving it smelling devine.

She helps him out of the bathtub and wraps the towel around him. She moisturises his body in his favourite lotion, knowing he would be grumpy if his skin was left feeling dry.

She grabs a pair of boxers and his green pajamas, helping him get dressed. She then takes him to their bedroom where she fluffs the pillows before making him lie down.

Once he seems to be comfortable, she takes off her shoes and joins him. Lucius wraps his arms around her, sighing in content.

"Thank you for taking care of me, darling. And thank you for staying home in order to do so, I really appreciate it. And I really appreciate you" he whispers, nuzzling his nose against hers.

Smiling, Y/N kisses his lips, slowly and passionately. "You are welcome, Lucius. I would do anything for my husband" she tells him.

"And I would do anything for my wife. By the way, I feel much better-" he says just as Y/N suddenly sneezes three times in a row.

That makes him chuckle. "You poor thing, it seems as if I have infected you," he coos.

"I guess you will have to stay at home with me for a few days, huh?" he says, smirking.

The two of them stay in bed all day. Y/N took care of her sick husband, and now it's time for him to take care of her.
———————————————

Author's note:
The next one shot "Catwalk" (LM) will be published on 7/19/2022!