CHAPTER 36

"Nari. "

Nari didn't know what happened. All she knew was she's expecting something, she was expecting too much to the point she forgot the reality.

Because all she can think of was him. All Nari can think of is the fact that she and Sunoo, the guy she's been talking to and the same guy who she unexpectedly fell in love with, are in the same place.

Nari can feel her heart beating in an abnormal pace and she can feel her hand shaking. Especially when she heard her name being called by someone.

From behind her and through phone. In sync.

So she turned around, expecting something. Someone.

She's expecting a tall man with ravenette hair, fluff cheeks with a pair of foxy eyes and a plump lips. She was expecting to see him, her sun.

But just as Nari turned around and met the man who have called her name, those expectations immediately lead to disappointment as her eyes met a pair of bambi eyes.

"Heeseung? "

Heeseung laughed at Nari's sudden change of expression. "Why? Are you expecting someone? "

Nari didn't answered. She just gripped her phone that is still being placed to her ear.

"I'm actually here to pass a message. Heart said just inform her if you want to go home. "

Nari nodded her head and just like that, Heeseung left her there which Nari is grateful for.

"It wasn't you, I thought it was you. "

A simple sentence yet it feels so heavy. So so heavy.

"We're in different universe. " Nari replied.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I couldn't meet you. "

Nari forced a smile, trying her best not to cry. She shook her head.

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. " she tried her best to sound nonchalant despite the lump forming in her throat.

The whole realization of not meeting him, just dawned at her. Now that she already fell. Harder than she thought.

And it hurts.

"It's not your fault. " she repeated.

The world does.

Nari heard him hummed and then silence followed after that. Though that silence only lasts for a minute as he soon spoke.

"Nari, can you look up at the night sky? I wanna tell you something. "

Nari hummed as she followed. And it was beautiful. Painfully beautiful because it reminds her their universe.

Their different universe.

"The moon is beautiful, isn't? "

And that's it. Nari can't help but to cover her lips with her hands as she silently sobbed. She's getting emotional and she didn't know why.

Maybe because it fully dawned to her what's happening?

Or maybe it's because she's hurting? Hurting at the fact that it's not only her, it's not just one sided.

She's hurting for him and herself.

"I want to meet you. "

And Nari cried as she heard his voice cracked at the end of his sentence.

"Me too. So much. "

-

Choi Heart

Heart
I heard from Jake you went
home?

Nari
Ah yeah, I did

I wasn't feeling well so
I decided to go home. Sorry,
I forgot to inform you

Heart
It's alright, Nari. Get well
soon and rest, ok?

Did you commute tho?

Nari
I will, thanks

No, my cousin was the one
who took me home

Heart
Ah, Sunghoon?

Nari
Yeah

Heart
That's good then

Just rest ok? And drink
meds too

Nari
I will

Heart?

Heart
Hmm?

Nari
He was there

Heart
Who?

Nari
Sunoo

Heart
Wait what?

Really??

Nari
Yeah, he was there

He attended Jake's party

Heart
Oh my god! Did you meet
him?!

Nari
Only if I could

I want to meet him. So
bad

Heart
Huh?

I thought you said he's
there? He attended Jake's
party?

Nari
Yeah he did. He attended
the party in their universe

We were at the same
place Heart, same place
with the same people

But he wasn't there

Heart
Oh

Do you want me to come
over?

Nari
And ditch the party? Nahh

Plus I want to be alone now

Heart
Okay, if you say so...

-

Park Nari posted a photo

It is.

Lee Heeseung and 216 others reacted to this
58 comments

Kim Sunny: Get well soon Nari!
↪Park Nari: Thank you, enjoy the night!

Choi Heart: Nari :((
↪Park Nari: It's alright
Choi Heart: I know it's not :((

Jang Patricia: 🖤

-