chapter 02.

002 — navy-haired girl

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"I said silence!" the teacher shouted, making my ears hurt. The man really had no sense at all.

On the corner of my eye, I noticed my neighbour wincing, and covering her ears with her hands. She looked at the teacher with an expression as if she was going to stand up, and deliver a punch right into his ugly face.

"Your tests went so tragic, that I don't know what to say.." he hissed, placing his hand on the bridge of his nose and shutting his eyes close.

He walked over to our desk, and put our tests in front of me and the girl with navy hair. I looked at mine casually. I didn't feel particularly proud. I just learned for this test, because I had nothing else to do.

"As usual," someone in the class muttered, "Alien and Hippie have the best grades. What a suckers.." I got used to being called 'Alien' as it was basically how I felt. However, the navy-haired girl didn't quite like her nickname. I saw her jaw clench nervously.

"You should not care about the grades of the others," the teacher said to him when he handed him the piece of paper, "Your test was so terrible, that I almost cried while checking these." everyone in the class laughed out loud, making the boy embarrased.

There was only a slight smile on my face as I imagined how good it would be if someone finally showed the asshole where his place is, "Idiot..'' I muttered, and at the exact same moment I heard the word come out of Jiwon's mouth.

I looked at her in surprise, her eyes already fixed on mine. At the same time, we both burst out laughing, which we couldn't contain. I realized that Jiwon wass different from everyone else. She seemed original to me from the beginning, but now I knew that there was definitely something in common between us.

"Hello mate, I'm Yang Jiwon," she said, giving me a sincere smile, "Choi Jaeun." I shook her hand, unable to believe she was the first to speak to me.

The teacher went back to class, and it got a little boring again. I saw the navy-haired girl drawing small cute doddles in her notebook at of the sight I smiled.