C H A P T E R 9

ANGELA
••••••••••••••

The ride back to the hotel was quick.

It was around midnight now, so I was pretty tired by the time we got back. Elijah didn't mind the silence in the car and I didn't either. It was a somewhat comfortable silence, but nonetheless I actually enjoyed the small surprise he had given me.

The cabin, the memories, him, me. . . us. It felt good.

I glance over at Elijah as he walks me back to my hotel room and can't help but take in his chiseled features. It's been so long and I guess I never really got the chance to look at him after seeing him again.

He towers over me like a hulking giant, his body more built than the last time I saw him. He's hair is a bit longer too but still neatly styled.

I feel my lips tug upward at the sight of the slight frown between his eyebrows. That's one thing that would never change.

As soon as we reach my room, I feel my heart clench. The night ended so quickly and I find myself wanting it to be longer. Even if it meant only spending a few more minutes with him - but I'm not going to admit that out loud.

"So how did I do?" I hear him ask, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Did you enjoy your night?"

"Yes I did." I say before leaning back against my door. "Maybe your 'master plan' is going to work out after all."

He puts his hands in his pockets, tilting his head to the side. "Do you really think so?" He asks and I nod

"Good because there's still a few more things I want to do to earn back your trust." He takes a step closer. "Am I at least forgiven?"

I've already forgiven you.

I cross my arms, pretending to be thinking about his question. "Hmm. I don't know." I shrug giving him a small smile. "Maybe you need to work harder on your apology."

He takes another step forward and now we're only a few inches apart. "Is that so?" He leans down and places his hand on the door, next to my head. "Well I'll work as hard as I can to earn your forgiveness, Angel."

My heart accelerates at hearing him call me that again. The same way it did earlier tonight when he had called me that too.

Looking up at him, I give him a small nod. "Good." I manage to say as he begins to lean in closer. My breath catches in my throat as my hands meets his chest and his other hand meets my waist.

"Angela?" He whispers and I close my eyes as he leans his forehead against mine. I then hear him release a small breath

"Yes?"

"I missed you." He says and my heart skips a beat. "I've been wanting to tell you that ever since I saw you again."

I fist my hands on his shirt, feeling all those pent up emotions wanting to come out.

I can't deny that Elijah and I have always had a connection. No matter the circumstances, we always seem to find each other.

We found each other when we were kids. We found each other after I had lost my memory. And we had found each other now - even if all of those times it was coincidental and unplanned.

I guess over the years I have ignored my feelings so much that I started missing what was right in front of me.

The sound of a phone going off immediately ruins the moment. Elijah curses under his breath before pulling away and taking his phone out of his pocket.