| 2.24 |

In the morning I woke up in the bedroom, with a hand holding mine from the floor. With much trouble I managed to move over and look down at the person laying on the floor. On possibly the thinnest mattress with something that was so soft that it barely was a pillow, laid Jungwon with a thin blanket over himself.

Even though his eyes were closed they were clearly puffy. Despite his calm demeanor when he slept he held a tight grip on my hand, only reminding me of last night.

I recalled how Soomin had tried to help my injuries best as possible, ordering for Sunghoon to keep an ice packet pressed against my right shoulder as she disinfected my left shoulder and wrapped it in white gauze... she had done exactly the same with my right thigh but I had complained so loudly that they had to give me a piece of cloth to bite down on in order for me to not wake up Sunghoon's mom.

Jungwon had been crying through it all, complaining that they were hurting me, meanwhile Sunghoon had to hold him back (while still holding the ice packet to my arm). 

Luckily I had been laying down on my stomach and was able to just lay and look down at Jungwon as he continued sleeping. I wasn't sure but I was convinced that it was the most sleep he had gotten in a while.

Eventually a small series of knocks echoed on the door and it creaked open, making Sunghoon hesitantly poke his head in. Immediately pushing up his specs as he noticed that I was awake.

"Uhm... Soomin and I have been making breakfast, so if you two want some you can just come down," Sunghoon carefully spoke and I slowly nodded, "how are you feeling today?"

"Sore... exhausted... burning," I shortly replied and he nodded quietly, "are you and Soomin-"

"We're good," he nodded quietly as a small smile spread on his face, "we talked while you kids were gone... and after she looked at your injuries a bit. She really wanted to take you to the doctor... but you don't exactly have a social security number or anything that would make the doctor able to identify you."

"I've had enough of doctors lately," I muttered making him just smile softly, "I'll see if I can wake him up."

"Maybe let him sleep," Sunghoon remarked and I glanced up at him, "he was quite... I don't know how much you remember but he was quite torn up over your state last night. Everytime you would start crying he would begin to scream about us having to stop treating your injuries... almost woke mom up."

"I'll only eat if he goes with me," I insisted and Sunghoon nodded quietly, "I don't dare think of his reaction if he wakes up and I'm gone."

"Good point," Sunghoon nodded quietly, "I'll go down to breakfast. We'll save a bit for you two."

"Thank you," I hummed and he only sent me a smile before carefully closing the door once again. I directed my eyes back down to Jungwon, letting out a small sigh before I squeezed his hand softly, "Jungwon... Won?"

"Mhm?" he hummed quietly, first really reacting to his nickname.

"There's breakfast if you'd like," I muttered and he only hummed reaching his free hand up to rub his eyes.

Jungwon only let out a small groan before letting out a deep huff and hesitantly fluttering his eyes open. He only stared at the ceiling as his eyes finally opened properly.

"I'm sorry if you needed more sleep, I just wanted to give you the opportunity of breakfast right now," I muttered and he slowly turned his head to look up at me, a small smile spreading across his lips, "I doubt you've been sleeping a lot lately."

"You're alright," he muttered and I frowned down at him, "alive... consious, not feeling sick... I hope."

"It only hurts a bit," I whispered quietly and slowly his smile grew enough for him to show his teeth.