Heizou <3

"Y/N! Come on, I want to go outside!"
Heizou walked into my bedroom as if it were nothing. My eyes opened and I sat up, noticing the boy pacing around.

My head turned to my alarm clock, and I immediately realized it was only 1am.
"Now? It's so early. Why do you want to go outside?"

He groaned and anxiously glanced at me. Heizou's demeanor seemed quite different - perhaps it was because of the time? People do act differently when they wake up...
"It's nothing, I just wanna go for a walk with you. Pleaseeee?"

I sighed softly and pat the space next to me, signalling for him to come and lay down. He seemed taken aback by my gesture, but nevertheless didn't deny it.

"I'm too a detective, you know. What's really the matter, Heizou?"
My voice was flooded with worry. He was acting strange, to say the least.

He took a deep breath and tightly shut his eyes, trying to make whatever feeling it was go away.
"I... had a nightmare. I know it's unlikely of me, really, I do, but I just didn't want to be alone for the rest of the night."

I lay back down beside him, yet this time I slithered my arms around him.
"Y/N? What're you...?"

I smiled and pulled him closer towards me.
"Helping you fall back asleep. I can move if you're uncomfortable?"

Heizou shook his head and pushed his head against my shoulder.
"No, I'm comfortable, but... please don't tell anyone about this! I do trust you..."

I nodded, and he sighed contently.
"Your bed is so comfortable... no wonder you fall asleep easily."

A small laugh came from me.
"Yeah, you should sleep here often. You do a lot of work, and it'd be nice to have some company when I sleep~"

Heizou grinned.
"Well, I say, aren't you a sweet talker? I would love to sleep here more frequently, as long as you're here too."

It was nice to know his charming personality was coming back. The nightmare must've spooked him a lot if he wanted to stay with someone.

"Oh, is that so?" I questioned, starting to smirk. "And why would that be?"

"Because I love you."
His answer was so fast, and it sounded like he had said it so confidently

That reply caught me by surprise.
I was at a loss for words, despite being so talkative seconds before.

"Hehe, the silent treatment? I must have really shocked you. But it's not a lie... Y/N, I do love you a lot, always have."
Heizou suddenly kissed my cheek and shut his eyes. He was seriously going to leave me with that and fall asleep!

After regaining my composure, I gently ruffled up his dark red-purplish hair, before pressing my lips against his head.

"I love you too, Heizou."

And just like that, we both ended up falling asleep, wrapped up in each other's company. It radiated nothing but love and comfort.