43 - Jalex

A/N: I know I said you'd get Leo and Lily, plus Leo and Jack, but I changed my mind... you'll get that next.
I promise!

Enjoy a full 2100 word chapter of just JALEX.

trigger warning: if you're not into a little 'forbidden' romance, please just skip. For anyone who hasn't read book 1 — Jack and Alex are NOT blood related. Zac adopted Jack two years prior.

T H I R D P E R S O N

If there was one thing Alex loved to do, it was tidying and organising. Whether that be rearranging his room, or sorting his books into alphabetical order, you name it, he does it. Organising other people's possessions on the other hand, he found it overly infuriating.

Who keeps their socks and jeans in the same fucking drawer?

He lived with animals.

"What the fuck are you huffing about now?" Jack asked, his tone playful and teasing.

"These t-shirts!" Alex said, exhaling an exasperated breath, whilst twirling one of the shirts above his head like a mad man. "Who keeps t-shirts and underwear in the same drawer? Put the socks with the underwear and t-shirts with the jeans. This doesn't make any sense!"

Jack snorted, he'd found this whole situation awfully amusing. They'd spent the last hour in Leo's bedroom packing him some comfortable clothes, as well as trying to find things that would keep him entertained during his stay in the hospital. And no matter what they found, Alex always had a complaint about the arrangement of their younger brothers things.

"It doesn't have to make sense to you, Alex. It's Leo's room, not yours."

Alex huffed before flipping him off and plopping himself down on Leo's bed, arms and legs spread in a star fish position whilst he gazed at the ceiling. "Shut up."

Overly amused, Jack laughed. "Do you think he'll want his art supplies?"

"Yeah, he'll want one of his sketchbooks for sure." Alex said, pulling himself half upwards and leaning on his elbows. "I don't even want to know where he keeps those."

Jack pressed his lips together and stood in a soccer mom stance, his hands resting firmly on his hips as he gazed around the room. "Ah ha!"

"I'm guessing that means you've found them, or do you have strep throat?"

Rolling his eyes, Jack pointed to the large chest in the corner. "I bet they're in there."

"I bet they've literally been thrown in there. All unorganised and messy." Alex grimaced, scratching his wrist. "I really need to spend at least three hours in here to get it up to par."

"Alex, shut the fuck up and come help me." Jack said, pulling a wad of books from the wooden chest. "These are all full," he pouted as he flicked to the end of each book. "Do you know if he has any unused ones?"

"How the fuck am I suppose to know?"

"It was only a question, dickhead."

"We can just buy him a new one on the way back," Alex suggested, proceeding to organise Leo's sketchbooks in time-frame order. "Did you find his pencils?"