Ep. 1.1

Omniscient pov

As Jayda follows the guard towards the entrance of the prison , her mind roams with nothing but fear , imagining all the terrible things that could go wrong as soon as she steps out of the building .

At first , Most people think that being released from prison feels euphoric , but as you get closer and closer to freedom , you soon realize how out of touch you've been with the world since you've been locked away ...

So much could've happened within the three years jayda was locked up , and she missed it. She hasn't had a job , a car , a phone , or even a life .

A real life . A successful life . A free life .

Then again she keeps telling herself that she never really had one before prison anyways . She went from her rigorous parents , to a controlling kentrell, then a lying deceitful Von , a prison , and now someone who she thought was a friend until shit hit the fan .

She feels unsure , nervous , but most of all afraid .

She thought she was ready to get out and start a new life but as it's happening she realizes it's way harder than it sounds .

Especially when you don't have an established , trusted support support system .

"Alright Ms. Cheaves , your ride is right out front " the guard says to her as she takes a deep breath and nods , while gripping her bag and holding her items tightly . " and Uhm " the guard starts causing her to look at him as he moves closer "whenever you get cleaned up and wanna come see me sometimes , I work everyday but Sunday " he winks at her as she frowns .

That's definitely something she didn't miss about the outside world ... men !

She rolls her eyes and begins to walk out the door hearing the men behind the counter laugh at the guards antics while he calls after her .

"Shit don't run from me baby " he yells "I'll take that bullet any day from your fine ass "

Jayda makes sure she slams the door at the revolting guards before finally taking her first step onto free man's concrete , letting out a breath as the sun beams onto her skin .

She hasn't been outside in a long time without guards or fellow inmates watching her every move . The sun seems brighter and even the wind blows different when you're free of chains .

Well free ... period

"Jayda ?" She hears making her look away from the sun to the person standing in front of her .

A person she once looked up to, respected , and even considered a friend . A GOOD friend . But now she's just ..

"Dess " jayda smiles walking up to her .

Dess debates on giving her a hug but let's the thought leave her head as Jayda walks pass her to the car .

She places her bags in the back seat , and then gets into the passenger side without saying another word .

Dess knew that after everything they'd been through it'll be tuff to get the relationship they once had back to where it started , but what she didn't know is that jayda would be so stiff .