Chapter 4

Sakura pov
I play with the small bouquet of  sunflowers in my hand. Two days ago I was waiting for Ino at our usual spot at the park when she came crying towards me. That sent me into a panic and I tried to calm her down as best as I could.

After finally calming down I asked her why she was crying. That's when she told me Raiden was in the hospital and his Tousan was killed. I froze on spot and immediately thought back to the charming smile Raiden gave me when he was putting ointment on the cut in my knee. I wanted to cry at the thought of him being in the hospital.

But then Ino started to cry again and I wanted to comfort my friend. When I got home that day I begged Kaachan to give me a little bit of money so I could buy these flowers.

I would have came to visit Raiden yesterday but I didn't have the courage....

Shaking my head I finally stop at the door the nurse at the front told me was his. Taking a deep breath I knock on the door and I hear a faint 'come in'. Pushing the door open I close it softly behind me as I stare with wide eyes at Raiden.

He was sitting up on the bed looking in my direction. But what caught me off guard was the fact he had bandages wrapped around his eyes. Along with his arms and I could see bandages coming out from under his hospital gown. Tears gather in my eyes, "Who's there?" He tilts his head slightly, "U-Um its S-Sakura i hope y-you don't mind but I heard you where in the hospital......."

I trail off quietly, maybe he doesn't want me to visit him. I mean we only met once maybe he wouldn't want me here. Much to my surprise his face lights up with a huge smile, "Oh Sakura I didn't expect you! I would say its good to see you but I can't see." He jokes lightly pulling at his bandages, "Come sit."

I move to the chair next to his bed and carefully place the flowers in his lap. He gently grabs it, "You got me flowers?"

"Yea as a get well soon present.....I'm sorry about your Tousan." Raiden sighs slightly, "Don't worry about it, it hurts that he's gone now. But I have to keep pushing forward for my Kaasan and Ototo." My eyes widen slightly, "Does that mean your still going to be a shinobi?"

How does he plan on doing it, "Yes my grandpa is going to pull me from the academy to train me in his free time. And when he's not free I'll have a personal sensei to teach me. This will go on until my original class graduates from the academy."

Oh right I forgot he's related to the hokage, "Aren't you entering the academy next year?"

"Y-Yea..." He smiles slightly, "Than let's make a promise to become strong shinobi yea." I can't help but smile as well, "Its a promise."

"Am I interrupting?" I jump a little and turn towards the door. There stood a women about with light blue eyes, her light brown hair in a messy bun. In her arms was a baby who was sound asleep. She closes the door behind her, "Is this one of your friends Raiden?"

"Hai this is the girl I helped out in the park the day I was running late Sakura remember." I stand quickly, "I-Its nice to meet you Mrs Sarutobi..." A kind smile appears on her face, "Its nice to finally meet you Sakura feel free to come by at any time."

I nod, "I better get going before my parents get worried. I'll see you another time Raiden?" I can't help but question, "Of course like my Kaachan said feel free to stop by at anytime." As I close the door behind me and make.my way out of the hospital I clench my fist in determination.

I'll keep my promise Raiden and become a strong shinobi like you.

Hiruzen pov
I stare at the picture of Isamu and Asuma standing next to each other when they where younger.

Isamu carrying Asuma on his back, "You wanted to see me Lord Hokage?" I set the frame down and look at the young anbu member kneed before me.

"Itachi take your mask off." He does as I ask and looks at me, I could see curiosity in his eyes. I place my pipe in my mouth, "I'm sure you have heard about what happened to my son and my grandson." He nods with a solemn expression, "Hai and I am sorry about your lost."

I let out a puff of smoke, "I appreciate it but I called you here to talk about an important matter. Raiden has a target on his back, the cloud will no doubt try to capture him again. Raiden still wishes to become a shinobi so to insure he will be prepared I'm pulling him from the academy and training him myself. But as Hokage I will not be available all the time to give him the attention he needs. Which is why I'm going to assign you to train Raiden when I cannot."

He's silent for a moment, "I do not wish to offend you Lord third but there are far more capable shinobi in the village that could teach Raiden." I nod understanding where he's coming from, "Do not sell yourself short Itachi you are more capable then men half you age. Besides your Ototo is a year younger isn't he?"

"Hai, Sasuke will be entering the academy next year." I let out another puff of smoke, "So do you accept?" He looks down at the ground for a moment before looking back up at me, "Of course Lord Third I promise to train Raiden to the best of my ability."

Relief washes over me, "Good I'll leave Raiden in your care. I will summon you when he is released from the hospital that way you two can meet. You may go now."

He bows once more before teleporting away, I spin in my chair and stand. Moving towards the window I look down at the village crossing my arms behind my back. Don't worry my son Raiden will be in good hands I'll make sure of it.