🏮73. Blood Pixie

The bright red ruby eyes of the golden tipped eekron locked onto Amber's violet purple eyes. They stared each other down, neither of them flinching.

The eekron's eyes gleamed as it fluffed out it's sharp tipped wings and let out a deep caw. It was waiting for her to bow her head in submission, but this she would not do. She had plans here and wasn't going to allow an oversized chicken to get in her way. Regardless of the creature standing three times as tall as she was. It's sharp silver beak dripped with blood as it turned it's head to get a better look at Amber.

Amber felt a shiver travel up her back and flashes of heat pulse inside her. Her heart picked up speed and she felt a dizziness take over her, as her eyes glowed bright purple, and an aura full of condensed mana exploded out from her. Translucent purple in different shades danced in the air, like an aurora. Darker purple lines of light shot out from her chest and swirled around into the air, mixing in with the other translucent ones.

[Amber? What's going on? Amber? Are you alright?] Said Arabella. Her words sounded strange, like Amber was hearing them from the other side of water in a tunnel.

Amber closed her eyes and collapsed onto the forest floor.

"Lotus...Lotus. Are you paying attention?"

Amber blinked her eyes and found herself sitting in a desk, in the back of a classroom. Twenty children seated at clear oval desks turned their heads back towards her. Various shades of purple eyes met her own. All of the children were little girls. She sat in the back of the classroom, while the teacher at the front of the class wrote onto the air with a large black marker. Her movements stilled while she looked at Amber with a frown on her face. Her chin length, wavy black hair framed her light purple eyes in shocking contrast. She wore a simple light purple wrap dress with a lotus emblem on its front pocket. Every one of the children wore a matching dress, just as the teacher wore. The children's expressions ranged from boredom, to curiosity, to mockery as they stared back at Amber. Amber looked around the room in confusion. This didn't seem right. Was she here all along?

She frowned down at the little hands in front of her and experimentally moved them. They were the hands of a child, no more than eight to ten years old. Her left hand was holding a black pen with a white lotus flower on the top of it. The black part of the pen was gently glowing black and the flower on top was softly glowing white. In front of her was a clear desk with black writing made out of smoke and mist, condensed and squeezed into shapes that became recognizable words. On the right edge of the oval desk, was a small round red button that read the word 'Submit' on the top of it.

"Submit. Submit?" The words were nothing that she had seen before. Made up of squiggles, twists, and turns that should mean nothing to her, but still she could read them clearly.

"Are you ready to submit?" Said the teacher.

"I am not," came out a smooth childlike voice from Amber's lips.

Amber felt her head pound and her heart threaten to beat out of her chest as the world spun and she felt herself retching onto the forest floor. She gripped the grass underneath her tightly, as if she could hold the ground still through brute force. She pulled in a shaky breath as beads of sweat trickled down her face and the world stopped twisting so violently.

What was that? You said that you would behave yourself better. Said Amber into her mind.

[That wasn't me. I've never seen that place before. It felt like it was your memory. All of those people with purple eyes, and that strong magical aura; who are you?] Said Arabella.