13

Ivy can't help herself but she continues to fiddle with her fingers while sitting in front of Lucifer. After signing the last document, he finally looks up at her.

"What were your previous jobs?" His attention is right now fully at her nervous fiddling and frowning.

"Umm I worked in diner and library too." Ivy answers him in a light tone. Lucifer nods his head and glances at the time on his watch.

"There's a diner nearby. It's name is 'Starry lights'. After school today, just go there and tell them my name. You will get the job." With this, he shortly dismisses her. Ivy wastes no time to get out from here. She controls the urge to just sprint out of there when suddenly Valentino comes in front of her.

"Alessio and Denver are busy today. I will drop you at your school."

"It's fine Valentino. I will manage." It is useless because Valentino isn't the one who would usually convince.

While sitting in the car beside him, she tries hard to ignore even looking at him. There is just this weird aura always rolling out of him that makes everyone nervous and not to make eye contact with him.

Ivy wants to quickly rush out when they finally hit her school. But he stops her.

"Here. It's for you." Ivy frowns while glancing at the small box in his hands. It was wrapped in a gift paper.

"What is it?" She asks in confusion.

"Nothing big. Just take it and go or you will be late." Ivy steps out frowning when Micah opens the door for her. She again turns around to look back at Valentino.

"Umm thank you." He just nods his head a little.

The warning bell rings and Ivy takes it as her que to just silently move towards her first class. First few classes were spent by just her staring out of the window or doodling on her notebook. For some reason, she really missed Alessio and Denver too. She feels lonely because no one else really to talk to her.

At the lunch time, she sat down on the bench in park and opens the gift that Valentino gave her. Upon untying the ribbon, she carefully rips the gift open. Her eyes widens upon seeing the brand new iphone 13 pro max. Suddenly the device feels too much heavy to hold in her hands. She almost dropped it but quickly gathered her thoughts and stuffed it in her bag.

The rest of the day just went same like this. After reaching the orphanage, Ivy without bothering to explain Greta about her new job, quickly rushes to change out of her school uniform. Greta is mostly busy these days while handling the three triplets toddlers who are the new addition of the orphanage. That's why Ivy doesn't really disturb her.

She soon takes a cab and finally reaches the STARRY LIGHTS. But to her surprise she finds Eliza standing outside and waiting for her. "You are late." He rolls his eyes.

"Follow me." Ivy does this silently and enters inside a packed diner. He takes her to the small office in back. He steps in without knocking or anything. Ivy anxiously follows him in.

"Diana!"

"Oh hii Eliza." Ivy looks up at the small woman who is sitting on the other side of the room with a wooden table in front of her.

"Please take a seat."

Eliza remains standing but points at Ivy to sit on the chair. "She's the one."

Diana looks at Ivy's face with a small smile but for some reason tears forms in the corner of her eyes that confuses Ivy.

"Ivy right? It's nice to finally meet you." Diana hardly manages to blink her tears away. She extends her hand forward for her to shake. Ivy smiles at her and shakes her hand back.

"You just look like them." Diana mutters under her breath but Ivy isn't able to hear her because her eyes are fixed on one of the photo frame. There is Diana, Lucifer and another pretty beautiful woman with an huge pregnant belly are standing together. What catches Ivy's attention is the necklace that unfamiliar woman is wearing. It's same just like the one Ivy is always wearing.