Part 1

Beep.....beep....beep.beep.

My alarm clock on my phone blare loudly interrupting my blissful sleep. I look at the time and it is 7'o'clock. "Already!?" I groan to myslef. It seem like just short hours ago that I had gone to bed. I couldn't sleep due to anxiety and nervousness about starting my fourth and finale year of high school, grade 12. I was a senior ready to leave high school and attend university. A place I am very sure, I will belong and excel. I attend the best private school in the province with the help of a scholarship. It pays for ninety percent of my tuition and my parents pay for the rest. To keep up with my scholarship, I have a 3.95 GPA. I am very proud of this and so are my Nigerian parents, very. My high school is filled with rich kids from rich families and I mean generational wealth. It's the typical high school experience, American teenage high school drama ensued.

The people however not so much. They hanged out in clicks and don't you dare think nobody knows what you did on the weekend. They went out drinking, partying and travelling all weekend and spent the school week gossiping about who did what, who made out with who and who got completely trashed or high and or both. This was a place I had no time for. I was neither looking for the extra attention or the drama.

I really would have loved to skip this whole high school experience and get straight to being an adult, but sadly that is not possible, so high school one last year I go. I am such a nerd. I love learning, reading and knowledge. I can't quite decide what I want to do after university though. I am great at all my subjects and although this is a blessing, it's also very confusing. My parents have their ideas of what I should be as well as my external family, community and culture. It's like everyone knows what I want but me. I was so lost in my thoughts that I tuned out the now blaring alarm clock.

Beep.beep.beep.beep beep beep.

My sister Crystal opens the door yelling
"Shut the alarm off and wake up. You are going to be late for school and I will not be driving you if you are."
I rubbed my tired eyes and reached for the silence button. I angrily and annoyingly replied back "The least you can do after yelling at me at 7'o'clock on a Monday morning is to shut my door when you leave. And I will not be needing your ride; I will be ready and on time." I get off my bed and head to the shower. My brother Will is using the shower even though there is three full bathroom in the house and he could have used the one closer to his room.

"Hurry up!" I shouted at him and decide to go pick an outfit while waiting for him to finish. I found my glasses and put them on. They are black square ones and they suit my round Carmel face very well. I mostly only wear them around the house and on occasion when I forget my contacts. I go through my organized mess of a closet trying to find something to wear. I picked a dark black high waisted skinny jeans and a fitted black v-neck blouse that shows off my curves nicely, but school appropriate. I throw on a black cardigan as an extra cover up. I top the entire outfit with black flats and gold stud earrings.

"Oh, shit" I said looking at the time on my phone it is 7:35am and school starts at 8:30am. I need to get going. School starts in less than an hour. I quickly hurry to the bathroom mentally kicking myself for not setting my alarm clock to 6:30am. I take a quick shower and quickly get dressed. I apply my school routine makeup, let my weave out of the flexi rod and it is already 8:08.

"Crap" I say to myslef. I am going to be late. I for sure need a ride to school that doesn't include asking my sister.

I quickly text my friend Bonnie asking for a ride and she replies back instantly saying

"yes! No problem! be there in ten!" I breath a sigh of relief, ignoring her cheerfulness. I put my contacts in, grab my phone, and book bag and run downstairs.

I don't normally eat breakfast, so I just packed an apple, cold dry canberry and water for snack. I will buy lunch later. I take a look at myself in the mirror by the door. I looked good and prepare. Bonnie arrived rather excitedly honking her white BMW. I run out and get in thanking her, so much for the lift and in 10 minutes we are at the school.

We arrived at school just in time to hear the bell and see everybody heading off to their classes. I hadn't notice, but I was glad. I really didn't want to go through the whole process of saying hi to people and having to do the instant repeated lies of "oh my God, I missed you too." because in reality we all know in my best Maury voice "That was lie, more than 100 times.

Bonnie nudge me to say "Bye babe, I will text you later to hangout. Ok?"

I replied "yah, sure sounds good to me! Thanks for the ride again" with that she heads off in the other direction towards her homeroom.

In almost a perfect instant my best friends kim and Jenny come rushing towards me. Jenny is more excited than her usual more excited self. Her blonde hair smiling from ear to ear with cupcakes in a topper wear that says GRAD YEAR! She offered me one and I accepted. Kim is more like me. She is quiet to everyone else, but really she is a time and the half. She is stunningly beautiful with big brown eyes, chocolate melanin skin and long dark brown hair. She's half Jamaican, half Nigerian.

She says to Jenny "I love you, but your excitement for 8'o'clock on a monday is making me want to vomit." I snicker in the background and Jenny simply said "Get use to it! Cupcake?"

Kim grabbed two saying "You don't have to ask me twice." The girl can eat the MacDonald menu and not gain a single pound. I envy her for that. I was fat for more than half of my life.

Jenny head off in the direction of her homeroom saying "Catch up at lunch girls. We have a lot to talk about! Happy first day!!"

"Happy first day!" Kim and I said sarcastically while stuffing our face with cupcakes.

Kim and I share the same homeroom and I am forever grateful to the universe for that. We normally chat during the whole 30 minutes or catches up on sleep or do homework. I say hi to a couple people in the class including my teacher and head straight to Kim and I favorite spot at the back of the class.

Nothing eventful happened in homeroom at least if it did Kim and I were too caught up in our catching up that we missed it.

The teacher handed us our new schedule and after picture messaging our schdule; I couldn't be happier! I have two classes with Kim, of those one with Jenny, biology by myself and one class with Bonnie. All in all I got a great semester!

First class- family living (kim and Jenny)

Break

Second class - biology 30-1 (self)

Third class - political science (self)

Lunch

Fourth class - world issues 30-1 (self)

Fifth class - media studies (Bonnie, Kim)

I head to family living with Kim and Jenny. We found our seats and immediately start chatting, making the hour go by fast. I head to biology then off to political science! A class I was looking forward to greatly!

In political science we are assigned to special sitting. I was seated in the back row with Mason Troy, captain of Micheal Morrow high school hockey team. He is very tall, black hair and blues eye's. The guy that many girls drool for. They attened all home games with posters that read "

#13 rocks my socks or I puck you number #9"

He is almost always surrounded with his assholes hockey friends. Word around is that he is a real douche bag and apparently gets around. I can't validate or dismiss this, I don't know the guy just stories I have heard here and there which most times I ignore. I quickly ask the teacher to switch seats and he tells me a big fat "Sorry, no can't do. This will be your permanent sitting for a while." "No switching of sits either!" He told the class. I do not need this extra drama around my desk. At the sound of the bell for class to begin he walks in