Broken home Broken Glass

How did it come to this?

The moonlit sky covered all signs of distress and destruction. Jimmy's lungs burned, his empire. His home was gone.

How did it come to this?

Xornoth. It was all him. He did this. Jimmy's feet burned, screams of pain from people who had failed to escape, people who were now left to die. Glass shards littered the floor like priceless jewels across the seabed.

Most of his buildings had been burnt down to the ground. Ash, blood, uprooted dirt, all of it looked the same.

"Oh cod.." The Codfather said dumbfounded

Everything was fine this morning! The sun was shining, the murky green depths of the swap glistened in the sunlight. It was so... peaceful.

Jimmy skidded to a stop, almost falling to the floor. Xornoth. He stood a few metres away from Jimmy, he was on one of the few roofs that were still standing. Jimmy fumbled for his sword, only bealey managing to not cut himself in his hurry.

"XORNOTH!"

Jimmy readed himself to lunge. Jimmy wanted nothing more than revenge, for his Kingdom, his people, his home.

The Codfather immediately tripped and fell to the floor barely managing to keep dirt out of his mouth. Xornoth did nothing but laugh. That cruel disgusting sound. Oh how much Jimmy hated that demon was simply indescribable.

Jimmy tried to pull himself up off the floor only to find that his legs had been glued to the floor by corrupted vines. The Codfather tried desperately to escape his predicament, but failed due to his hands getting trapped as well. The Cod tried to bite his chains- hell anything. He needed to stop the vines from creeping around his whole body like an Anaconda.

"Let me out! Whatever your planning, it won't work! The other empires will stop you!" Jimmy cried out bitterly. He wasn't sure if they would- could win against the demon. But then again. Jimmy had already lost. But if Jimmy was one thing, it was stubborn.

He couldn't see Xornoth anymore, but he was sure he was still there. Just out of sight, and Jimmy didn't like that at all. He hated the silence the most. He wished he had some idea what Xornoth was planning. But alas he would find out soon. He still had some things to say anyway.

"Why...! Why did you destroy my empire! Was it for fun! Just because you could?! Just why! Why...." Jimmy was close to tears by the end. But he didn't care, he didn't care about what the other empires would have thought seeing him like this. How could they blame him! They would feel the same if they were in the same position!

Xornoth just lightly before continuing "It would be stupid of me to tell you my plans. All I will say is that it was all necessary for my end goal."

"Are you going to kill me?" Jimmy asked almost fearfully. He didn't want to die! There was so much he wanted to do!

"Kill you?" Xornoth laughed like it was the funniest joke he had ever heard in his life. "If I had wanted you dead Fishboy. Then I would have killed you by now. I have other plans for you and your... empire" Xornoth trailed off at the end. As if he was unsure what to call the Cods land.

Xornoth suddenly grabbed the cod's arm, pinning the poor fish further into the floor. Jimmy felt something sharp poke into his arm and cut. Jimmy let out a scream of pain. Xornoths smile that seemed to be forever glued to his face only widened at his development. Acting like a kid opening their gifts on Christmas. Xornoth happily held up one of Jimmy scales.

Before Jimmy could shout at the demon he was promptly cut-off by Xornoth.

"And finally the trapdoor has shut"

"What do you mean! This is only the beginning! When I'm free I'll- I'll kill you! Exorcise you! Whatever!"

Xornoth wasn't listening to Jimmy, even he knew that. He could yap on forever, it didn't matter. The demon pulled out a Mirror from his pocket. It was in good condition. The mirror itself seemed like it was a cross between the Swamp Empire & the Ocean Empire, with an elegant design and painted with colors that represented the Swamp.

"Now it's time to get you out of the picture."

"What!" Jimmy yelled in panic, making a last attempt to free himself.

"For now at least. Until I need you once more."

"I won't fall into your corruption! You demon!"

"Why would I corrupt you? You're too annoying and even if I did your only use would be against your Allies. Why go the extra effort when I could do that all by myself."

All Jimmy could do was listen. He tried desperately to stop the demon's words slipping into his brain, but they still somehow found themselves lodged inside. Try as he might there was no way he could get out of this situation was help from external forces. And with King Sausage already corrupted, his only hope was Lizze. Scott wouldn't come over at this hour, plus he had always disliked the Swamp. The king always trying to go as little as possible without being rude.

Xornoth didn't give him anymore time than he already had. The demon started to chant a spell of some kind, it seemed like the demon was speaking Elvish of some kind. Jimmy could only pick up a world or two with his small knowledge of the language. The Demon quickly slammed the fish scale onto the back of the Mirror.

Jimmy felt light all of sudden, the cod felt as if his life was slipping out of his hands. He felt a bit light headed.

'What's.... Happening to me?'

Jimmy was trying to stay as alert as possible. But it felt like he was all there one moment and gone the next. Jimmy was slipping in and out of consciousness for what felt like minutes, but in reality it must have just been a few seconds.. minutes maybe.

One second the Codfather was there. And the next, he was gone.

All that was left was some corrupted vines and a small pile of blood.