MadMax

Calum Harrington scrambled around his room sliding on his blue vans along with a blue zip up jacket that had one horizontal yellow stripe across the middle. Before he left the room, he grabbed a bag of quarters equaling about $3. The boy shoved the bag in his pocket and ran downstairs. He rushed through the living room, grabbing his walkie talkie and backpack ready to leave the house, until he was stopped by a voice.

"Hey, Hey. Where do you think you're going?" Steve Harrington, Calums older brother, asked. Calum turned around to face him with a sheepish grin on his face.

"I was going to the arcade with my friends. I am allowed to, right?"

Steve looked at his adopted younger brother and thought about it. Ever since the events of last year, Steve has been more protective over Calum. He didn't want the scientists to take him away. Luckily Calum hasn't blown his cover of being a 'normal' boy yet and Steve knows he won't, it's the thought of Calum getting taken away and experimented on because he let him go out that worries him so much. Steve glances at Calum and sighs.

"Ok, you can go, however don't stay out too late and-"

"Don't use my powers unless it's life or death. Don't worry Steve, I'll be safe with my friends"

Steve nods slowly and pulls him in for a quick hug. He let's go and Calum rushes out the front door and shuts it behind him. Once outside the young Harrington quickly walked from the large house and grabbed his skateboard, jumping straight onto it and riding it down the driveway. Once off the driveway, he went on the road that would lead him to Arcade Palace.

As he skated down the road he heard a muffle voice coming from his walking talkie. Still skating, he grabbed the device and pulled up the antenna.

"Cal! Cal this is Dustin! Do you copy? Over." The familiar voice that belonged to his friend. Cal pressed the button to speak.

"Yeah I'm here Dust, what's up? Over."

"One, I thought I told you to stop calling me Dust. Two What's your haul? Lucas and I have six bucks total, over."

"I've got three bucks, making nine overall Dust. Have you contacted Mike yet? What's he got?"

"Can't find what channel he's on, damnit! I'll try again, see you soon"

"See ya Dust" Cal said before signing off and putting the walkie talkie back in his bag.

Cal let out a big breath, letting the wind run through his hair, and skated down the hill at fast speeds when suddenly a figure popped out in front of him on a skateboard from the side of the road.

"Oh shit!" he yelled before colliding with the person, both falling off their skateboards and onto the ground.

"Holy shit! I'm so sorry!" The figure said while sitting up, Cal also sat up. Before him was a red-haired girl with ocean blue eyes and freckles over her nose.

"You're sorry? I should be sorry, I'm the one that flew down the hill" Cal said, standing up and holding out his hand towards the girl. She gladly took the hand, as Cal helped her back to her feet. He was a little bit taller than her but not that much. His eyes met her as he started to get mesmerized by her eyes. He snapped himself back to reality as the girl looked over him with worried eyes.

"Yeah, but I was the one who just went on the road. If I didn't that wouldn't have happened and-" She started to quickly explain to the boy.

"Hey it's fine. I was bound to get hurt anyways, just one of the perks of skating" he cut her off before she could keep apologizing. He then smiled at the girl and held his hand out towards her.