CleAdi: Run Away

Thank you so much to the top 20 gifters in KUMU!

This chapter is dedicated to:

limmpaulineeee, alyrchives, dwaejihae, msviarye, kierrastig, yannajuarace, elydezly, cyveltsacapano, krishamnida, only4clyden_, _mylin, elaravaleria, zylphirechiara, _odsh4, junica.c, felicityanneeeeee, jeanvalleriee, tiffanyleanne, havesevi, diorkobe

Follow me on KUMU: gwy.saludes for more sessions like this.

***

"Oh, come on... I think I deserve a long break after the love team issue." 

I shook my head as I talked to my manager over the phone. I asked for a vacation because the news had been draining me a lot since the issue with Arkin and our "love team." I really just had to take a break. Wala naman na akong projects na ongoing. I deserved a break!

[You can't! May photoshoot ka for the perfume brand, remember?] my manager told me. 

"Please... We can move that. Besides... I'm already at the airport. Bye! Boarding na." I ended the call and took my small luggage to the front. 

I already booked my tickets before telling my manager about taking a break. She had no choice. I would still refuse to work. Kahit anong pilit nila. I couldn't work in this condition. I was so stressed. I had been working ever since I was a child. I just needed this break. Kahit ngayon lang. I wasn't asking for a lot. 

I was wearing shades when I got on the plane. Umupo ako sa pwesto ko at tumingin sa may bintana. It was a flight bound to Cebu. I booked a reservation in a five-star private resort. 

Good thing no one talked to me the whole flight. I could sense people staring at me, but they didn't bother asking for a photo. I also just pretended that I was asleep by closing my eyes and crossing my arms over my chest. 

When I arrived at the airport, the hotel van picked me up, and we went straight to the resort. I didn't want anyone else in the ride kaya ako lang ang naroon. Upon arriving at the resort, they welcomed me with flowers. 

"Welcome po, Ma'am Clea!" They were lined up in the entrance, smiling. 

"Thank you." I just smiled as they helped me with my luggage. This was too much for my "lie low" decision. 

The check-in was so smooth because they didn't want me to be exposed to the public for a long time. There were also two bodyguards near me in case someone would try to come near. I didn't ask for that. 

"I don't need bodyguards. Thank you," I told them when I got my key card. 

When I went to my big room, I immediately organized my things. Nilagay ko lahat 'yon sa cabinet and some sa bathroom and drawers. I opened the curtains and saw my view. It was mesmerizing. The water at the beach looked so clear. It had a nice color too. Wala ring masyadong tao. 

I just wanted a peaceful stay. Dito muna ako magtatago habang nagkakagulo pa ang lahat sa showbiz.