07. {the explanation}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"jamie! there's someone cute at the door for you!"

jamie adams was a light sleeper and she was used to waking up due to her grandmother's voice. the girl groaned in fatigue and peeled herself out of her bed. she drew the curtains open, allowing the dim morning light to hit her via the window.

it was a saturday meaning fliss was either at max's or asleep in her room, with max. they were always together, they were best friends.

"jamaria!"

"coming, mimi." jamie yelled back.

the adams girl quickly seized her grey sleeping gown and pulled it on. she rushed out of her room and down the stairs, excited to see who this 'cute person' was. to her surprise, steve harrington and mimi jeong were sitting on the couch together.

"harrington!" jamie gave him a look, "what are you doing here?"

"hey, jamie." steve stood up. "i need your help."

it wasn't that unusual of steve to be asking the girl for help. ever since nancy broken up with him on halloween, steve chose to focus on building a friendship with jamie. however, he had never stepped foot in her house.

"yeah sure." she nodded, "could you give me a second?"

"yeah."

jamie pivoted around, about to run up the stairs again, but then she realised something. "how long have you been here?"

mimi and steve shared a look before the boy spoke up: "20 minutes."

"mimi!" jamie sighed.

her grandmother simply shrugged, "we have been having a good gossip."

"about?"

"you."

"go on, jamie. you don't want to keep this handsome boy waiting." mimi gave her a wink.

jamie glanced at steve, who had a large smirk on his face. she shook her head at his arrogance and trekked up the stairs.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"what are you doing here?" lucas asked felicity.

the girl was leaning on one of the machines, a strawberry slushie in her hands. lucas' voice and presence had startled and confused her.

"waiting for max..." she told him, "what are you doing here?" the girl wasn't particularly happy to see him, especially because of what had gone down at school.

"i was hoping max would come here." lucas started. he had been there for a good ten minutes, yet he hadn't seen felicity in the small area.

"mhm." felicity nodded. "so... you're stalking her. again?"