Golden Gem

Today is finally the day. After five months, we are ready for the grand opening of the hotel.

We finished staging it a week ago and the grand opening is tonight. All staff has been hired and Mrs Hart is the head chef.

I pull on the Red Gala dress that has a slit that reached my thigh.

My hair is done and I even have my nails done. We're waiting on Mrs Carter,Tyler's wife of two weeks.

I pick my daughter up. Five months in and I still cant believe that I have a daughter.

She giggles now. She rolls in her court, she pushes up with her elbows from her tummy and is able to recognize all the faces of the family members.

Her favourite is Nathan of course. She cries all the time but the moment that man puts even a finger on her, she giggles.

Her hair has now grown a bit and is absolutely afro.  At least I've got some input there.

A knock sounds and soon Nathan and Ethan walk in.

"Mommy, can I say hi to Mika?" He asks smiling.

"Definitely honey, did you wash your hands?"

"Yes, even between the fingers. Daddy says little things called germs hide there." He says scrunching up his face.

The cutest human being ever.

"Daddy is a smart man." I laugh.

"Hey wifey." He greets kissing my temple.

"Hi baby. Are we done? Can we go now?" I ask scanning the golden skyline.

The sun is already beginning to set, what could Charlotte be doing now?

"Oh, we arent driving there with them. And yes Charlotte and her husband left two minutes ago. And so did everyone else. It's just us." He says.

What the hell?

"Why didnt you tell me that? Let's go then." I push the boys out the door. Making sure to grab the baby bag.

"Well we're the VIPs there, so we have to have a grand entrance. Everyone is there already because the event started half an hour ago. So we got the fashionably late part down." He says opening the car door for me.

Ethan and I settle and we head down the familiar road to the hotel.

Cars are parked everywhere near the entrance and underground.

We reach the red carpet and boy am I nervous. What is something is not sitting right,  or Mika vomits mid shoot.

Nathan calms me down. He kisses my forehead and smiles.

"Its time." He says.

He and Ethan are first out. They open the door for me,  Nate takes Ammika and gives me a hand.

We walk down the carpet and I immediate feel bad for Ethan who is now fully exposed to the media world and paparazzi.

"Is it true that your wife was the head designer of this beautiful achievement?" One reporter asks.

"Yes, yes she was." He says smiling. After answering more questions we walk in and I've never seen my husband so speechless.

He starss at the lobbie like he is looking at a diamond ring.

The room is filled with patterns that are soft and delicate. It combine the rustic comforts with the elegant European style.

With expensive antique accents like the large diamond chandelier center of the room that was found in an abandoned French castle by Hazel.

The room is overall inviting. I'm more than proud of my work with my team.

And my the coffered ceiling is absolutely breathtaking.  I knew it would look good but this, this is next level.

All around the lobbie are many guests just waiting for the ribbon tied to the elevator to be cut. Both Nathan and I are handed a scissor which we cut the bow with.

Someone begins leading us to the next floor where the restuarant is.

Oh my gosh, I know that I'm the one that designed this but this is beautiful.

The walls are white with arched nine feet tall windows. After every four windows there is a long pillar that is white with touches of gold.

Tables are covered with simple white cloths and have champagne glasses on them.

People have already begun filling the seats as a young woman prepares to speak.

"This is beautiful Gem." Nathan says kissing my cheek.

"Welcome to Hôtel Bijou D'or." A young lady says.

"First we would love to hear from the boss himself, Mr Meyer." She says.

Nathan stands and gives me a kiss.

This earns us coos and a giggle from Mika.

"Uhh, I'd love to start by saying thank you ladies and gentlemen for making time to support my family and I tonight. 

Hôtel Bijou D'or is my personal favourite achievement.  Mainly because I got to work with my wife.

The name its self is not that fancy when translated to English but it means the world to me. It means Golden Gem Hotel. Gem is my wonderful wife who was the head designer of this here hotel.

We hope to bring new experiences to Americans and the rest of the world with five star worth stays, the best cuisine and an overall fun and luxurious experience. " Nathan says.

Everyone claps their hands.

"Tonight ladies and gentlemen, we open this new achievement to Meyer Legacy. This hotel right here is now owned by Mrs Meyer seating right over there to my right.

We are extremely excited to bring more luxurious property to you . So here's to a prosperous future." He says raising his glass.

Ethan, who I hadn't noticed was standing next to him grabs the mic and speaks.

"I want  to say I'm happy for my mommy and daddy and congatulashon. Now let's eat!" He says and everyone laughs and erupts to applause.

Charlotte moves to the seat next to me as food is being served.

"Hey Mrs Meyer." She says.

"Hi Mrs Carter." I greet.

"Hello Mrs Meyer,  Mrs Carter." Elizabeth says.

"Evening Mrs Hendrix." I greet.

Charlotte chuckles.

"We are all married? Well that's sad. I thought we was going to dance to Single Ladies by Beyoncè tonight." She says chuckling .

"Oh my gosh, is that Mika?" Elizabeth asks cooing white staring at my daughter.

Now it couldnt get better than this.

Everything is really alright, just like they all said it would have been.

At this point of my life, I have two beautiful babies and a husband. My life is going so well that I give God thank yous every two seconds.

And it's all because a few years ago, the caln before the storm only meant one of the harshest storm my world has ever surpassed.

I'm grateful.

I've been the happiest this past fourteen months.