Chapter 7

Y/N POV

Walking away from their room proved to be rather difficult. Hobi's face of pure despair did not make it any easier. At least the other two were still in animal form and couldn't give me sad faces.

I wondered what they would look like as humans? Would Jimin be a red-head, like his ginger cat fur? Would Yoongi be muscular with short black hair? Maybe they wouldn't look anything like their animal form.

My tactic to make myself feel better was to tell myself that it was only one night. They would only be staying for one more night, then they were coming home tomorrow. This was better anyway, I needed to prepare a room for them.

Michelle led me to their supplies section, where I finally reunited with Lisa.

She was looking very sad.

"Hey, what happened?" I asked with concern for my friend.

Was she not able to adopt Rose?

"I can't bring Rose home with me tonight because they have to do a police check" she pouted and I burst into giggles.

"Hey don't laugh at my suffering!"

"I'm sorry, it's not that" I said between laughs. "I just thought something really bad happened, you looked awful"

She just sighed and turned back to where she was originally looking - at the clothing racks. So dramatic that one.

"If it makes you feel better, I can't take my hybrids home yet either for the same reason"

Lisa whipped her head towards me so fast.

"You're adopting too?!" she finally noticed the folder of papers in my arm. A look of realisation flashing across her face.

"OH! The pack you were with?"

I nodded and a smile came to my face thinking about them.

"Awww and to think you were just going to come and look around with me. Look at you! All grown up and independent, adopting a whole pack of hybrids" she gushed with a hand over her heart, as if she was a proud mother.

"Oh shut up" I gave her a light push. "You should have seen them, I don't think even the toughest of tough guys could have said no to them!"

"So you're just adopting them because you couldn't say no?" she quizzed.

"No! Of course not! I do like them, they really are sweet" I retorted. "Besides, I think they might actually be a really good match for me, there's 3 of them so they can all keep each other company and entertained while I'm at work"

Lisa nodded as she listened and scanned through the clothes.

"Ok, ok, I believe you!" She lifted up a knitted jumper. "Are you gonna get some things while we're here?"

"Oh, yeah." She reminded me of my current task. Supplies. I grabbed a basket.

Michelle had made me a little list of things to get me started. Things like a small pillow bed for Jimin and Hobi in their animal forms, Yoongi would have to settle with the couch, some extra clothes, the medication they'd need to take every month, and some other bits and pieces.

"It feels weird putting a collar on a person" Lisa spoke as she fiddled with a soft-looking pink collar.

I hummed in agreement - I had forgotten about that. Should I let the boys pick out their own collars? But you can't adopt without having a collar for them. Maybe I'll just get a basic one and they can pick something else later. I added 3 plain black collars in my basket.