bucket lists

PAIRING: padawan!anakin skywalker x padawan!reader

SUMMARY: You and Anakin kept a list of things to accomplish amidst your training as a Jedi. However, there is one you've yet to achieve: freeing her.

Children are intrinsically curious and often fascinated by the galaxy around them, especially when one would often talk about such a glamorous and luxurious planet also known as Coruscant, the City planet

Children are intrinsically curious and often fascinated by the galaxy around them, especially when one would often talk about such a glamorous and luxurious planet also known as Coruscant, the City planet. Ani would often dream about taking both you and Shmi there, free from the shackles of slavery and ensuring that life would treat all of you well.

His dream came true to some extent after the appearance of Master Qui-Gon. However, not all dreams can be fulfilled. The Master Jedi was unable to barter with Watto over Shmi's freedom, stating it was a loss on his part losing the pair of his best mechanics, you and Anakin and he would rather not forfeit his remaining slave.

You offered to stay behind, not wanting to leave Shmi alone.

"You must go with Anakin, my darling," Shmi tells you softly, wiping your tears away, "It will be hard to adjust to a new life as a Jedi but it will bring great comfort to my heart knowing that you are together, sharing the burden of it together."

She is everything you had ever hoped for in a mother. Kind, wise, and selfless. In a way, you're her daughter, just like you wished for her to be your mother. So when you and Anakin leave Tatooine to start anew not as slaves but as the peacekeepers of the Republic, you swore to free Shmi no matter the cost.

"Free-falling in Coruscant? Check," boasts Anakin, a pen in hand as he scratches a thin line over the written passage.

Your Master scrunches his whole face, turning to you for confirmation. Shrugging you take your own copy of the bucket list out from the pocket of your robe, flashing the folded page to his scrutiny. Obi-Wan sighs in exasperation, a scolding ready at the tip of his tongue when the doors leading to the High Council open. He gives you both a look that suspiciously states that the matter is yet to be settled, thus you and Anakin as his dubious responsible padawans must wait until he is done reporting the mission to the other Master Jedis.

Once the door closes, Anakin tugs you over to the quarters you three share saying, "I'd rather stall the ceaseless subject of our recklessness than have him reprimand us in public–" he stops mid-sentence finding your glassy eyes turned to the weathered first page of your notebook, rubbing your questionable penmanship before Obi-Wan took it upon himself to improve your handwriting.

Anakin gently cups your chin, closing the notebook with his sad, sad eyes. "Don't you worry, I'm sure mom is just fine."

"Ani, you don't understand! I've been having dreams–"

"Angel, my lovely angel," Anakin whispers, pressing his lips against the evening dew of tears emerging from your misty gaze. "It's alright. We'll visit mom sometime soon. I promise. For now, you need to rest. I'll deal with Master once he's done." He lulls you to sleep in his arms, whispering tales and songs from your home planet. You dream of Shmi, her kind eyes wrinkled in old age, and hands busy sewing a pair of small clothes for the pair of sleeping babies nestled in Anakin's arms; you linger behind him, placing soft kisses on their cheeks. You mirror Anakin's beaming smile and his burning devotion to your family.

NOTE: finals week is vastly approaching on my end, so i apologize if i disappear for the next few weeks! i think i'll still be able to publish a few one shots but i'll mostly be busy until the end of july :3

comments are alwayssss appreciated! i'd love it if you'd leave one for me to read <33333333

CROSS POSTED ON ARCHIVE OF OUR OWN.