Chapter 11

Yoongi POV

I couldn't help but feel anxious about the bed situation. Y/N has already spent money on our adoption fees, clothing, and food, and now she was going to spend even more on an unnecessary bed.

My anxiety stayed with me throughout the whole car ride home. I have seen how owners initially want to spoil their new pets. They adopt, thinking that they can afford everything, they want to buy all new things.

They buy new clothes, embellished collars, bedding, they take them to get new hairdos, essentially throwing money at their new doll.

But then the expenses start to add up, extra food is a continuous expense. Medications and doctor visits can be pricey. When hybrids start to grow older, just as a regular human would, they no longer want to waste their money.

I have experienced first hand what it is like to be spoiled rotten, only for my owner to decide I was too expensive and get rid of me. I've experienced it when I was alone, and sadly, with my pack too. It's not easy to forget that you've been thrown away twice because of your expenses.

That's why I didn't want Y/N to spend too much on us. She says she has the means, but I still worry that she is going overboard. I don't want her to splash the cash on us for a few months, only to realise that she can't maintain those expenses, and return us to the shelter.

Jimin and Hobi were already growing attached to her, and I could tell that they loved their new home. I don't think I could stand seeing them get kicked out of another home. If I couldn't keep them in this home, I truly would have failed as their alpha.

I looked behind us, seeing the homeware store's van following us home. Since the king size bed was obviously not going to fit in Y/N's car, she paid extra to have the store deliver it in their van. Another expense.

Hobi's endless chatter about his dream last night was providing some nice background noise, Y/N seemed to be enjoying the one sided conversation, with Jimin piping up every now and then.

My heart felt happy for a brief moment, watching my two younger packmates converse with our owner. It looked like a happy little family. But soon we pulled up into her driveway and my anxiety returned.

Y/N POV

I could tell Yoongi was deep in thought. I assumed it might have been regarding our brief conversation in the store, he had been frowning the entire car ride and it was starting to worry me.

The logical part of me knew that he was stressed about the amount of money I was spending on them, even though it really wasn't that much, but my heart was terrified that he wasn't happy here - that he felt he made a mistake in letting his pack get adopted by me.

We got home and I directed the store assistants to bring the bed inside. I decided to just pay the extra fee to get an already-assembled frame plus the mattress delivered. I could tell that Yoongi wasn't happy about that though.

Once it had been set up in their room, the delivery guys left and I got to work putting the new sheets over the mattress.

"Yoongi, please don't frown so much. You'll get wrinkles" I joked.

He just let out a sigh and helped me spread out the sheets. The other two were in the kitchen preparing a "surprise lunch", although Yoongi had told me that they don't cook much so I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned.

"I just don't want you to regret spending all this money on us. We honestly would have been happy with that" he gestured towards the pillow bed and the pile of blankets that we had pushed into the corner.