Chapter 15

Yoongi POV

When Y/N got home, and my packmates immediately questioned the hybrid scent on her, I couldn't help but feel a little betrayed. Was she already getting so close to another hybrid?

We hadn't even been here a week, were we not enough for her? Were we too much? I heard her raise her voice a little to cut through the bickering, saying how she is in the city all day and probably bumps into many hybrids.

That was a fair point. I'm sure the city was full of hybrids, or other people that had been scented by their own hybrids. She could have easily brushed past any of them and picked up their scent. That was probably it.

I repeated this in my head over and over.

While we were watching our movie, the fear of being replaced stayed persistent in my mind. It didn't help that every time I looked, Y/N seemed to be deep in thought, sometimes frowning, sometimes picking at her hands.

Was she thinking about the hybrid she was going to replace us with? Was she trying to think of ways to get us back to the shelter?

Yoongi, stop it!

I rubbed my temples and tried my best to shut my brain up.

Y/N POV

Jimin and Hobi scented me for about 10 minutes this morning. I had woken up earlier so that I would have extra time to make sure I got the supplies to Jin before work.

I felt bad about them being so worried about the hybrid scent on me yesterday, so I didn't try to stop them until the skin on my neck was starting to turn red from all of the rubbing. Even Yoongi got out of bed to scent me a little.

When I finally managed to get out of their grasp, I quickly walked to the train station. I was anxious the whole train ride to the city. What if Jin wasn't there today? What if the situation was so bad that I never saw him again?

The train finally made it to the city and I rushed off, quickly speed walking towards my office, and towards Jin's usual spot.

I sighed in relief when I spotted him there.

Though, we weren't in the clear yet. Instead of his usual happy face, it was quite solemn. He wasn't singing today, just strumming on the guitar, eyes not really focused anywhere.

My feet couldn't take me there fast enough, so I jogged to get to him.

"Jin!" I called out.

His head slowly turned towards me, and a very small smile appeared. He looked so, so tired.

"Hey, how's it going?" even his voice sounded dead.

"I was so worried about you yesterday!" I blurted out. I was still trying to catch my breath.

"Oh," his smile fell, and he looked at the ground. "I'm so sorry for worrying you."

The goal was not to make him more depressed! I mentally face-palmed.

"No, no, don't be sorry! I just-" I wasn't really sure what to say. "I got you this."

I held the bag out to him and waited for him to take it. He simply looked at me, then to the bag. His eyes widened in surprise, before shaking his head.

"I-I, Y/N no, I can't accept this" he pushed my hand holding the bag back towards me.

"Jin please, it would mean a lot to me if you took it" I tried, but still he looked weary. "If you were really sorry about making me worry, then you would take it"