Chapter 16

Y/N POV

As usual, the day started off with scenting. The boys seemed a little more aggressive about it today, even Yoongi was really getting into it.

Jimin and Hobi were rubbing their head on either side of my face and neck, while Yoongi was working on the back of my neck.

"Guys, I would like to still have skin on my neck when I leave the house" I joked, but I was secretly worried that they could actually rub all the skin off if they tried.

A minute more and they were finally satisfied, releasing me from their hold.

"Just so you know, I probably won't be home until after 8 today, I'm going out for dinner" I just remembered I needed to tell them.

"What?" Jimin looked heartbroken and I suddenly felt so guilty.

"Remember that guy who has the hybrid, I'm just going to dinner with him and another friend" maybe I lied about another friend coming along, but I didn't want to make it sound like a date.

They all just blinked at me, saying nothing. Maybe it was a mistake saying yes to Lucas.

No Y/N, you're still allowed to have a life!

"I'll try to be home as quickly as possible, ok?" I promised, and decided to leave since it didn't seem like they were going to say anything. I'll pick up a cake for them on the way home or something.

"Hey, don't forget our dinner tonight" Lucas called out as I set my stuff on my desk.

"Rosso, right?" I replied.

"Yeah we can just walk together after work" he confirmed.

"You're going out to dinner with him?" Lisa whispered to me, once he was out of earshot.

"Hey, it's a free meal!"

She just rolled her eyes and started up her computer.

"Just be careful ok" she said in an actually concerned tone.

"And don't forget about our play date on saturday!" she reminded me.

"It's in my calendar"

I logged on and tried to get started with my work, but my mind kept wandering. Jin wasn't there this morning. My brain started going through all of the worst case scenarios.

Y/N, relax. You gave him $100, he probably didn't need to busk today. Maybe he's even with the injured person and taking care of them?

Yeah, that was probably it.

"So how are your new hybrids going?" Lucas asked as he poured me some water.

He was right, this restaurant was pretty nice. It was Italian cuisine and the inside was just gorgeous.

"Yeah they're settling in ok, still a bit nervous about some things, but they're good" I smiled thinking about them. "And how's your ultra rare cobra?"

He laughed at my teasing, "He's great. I was thinking of getting him into breeding, I mean, there's already not a lot of snake hybrids in the world, but an albino cobra?"

Breeding. That sounded so weird. I guess hybrids were half animal but they were also half human. I couldn't ever imagine getting my boys into a breeding program, I mean, unless they wanted to I guess?